430 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MINIF328GTS, Oct 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MINIF328GTS

MINIF328GTS Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    cambs
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    how can you not like it is soo sexy!!!

2. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If you keep on the way you're going, I suspect it'll be hard posting again regardless with busted fingers.

Don't think I didn't hear you calling my motor a Toyota on Sunday - I think it was your disparaging remarks that made it sulk. And don't think that's not striiiiiike 2! Revenge will be sweet.

I can see you in a 360 Spider.

3. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Its just personal preference. i would rather a 430 front half with 360 rear half.

I think the rear lights protude too much from the body etc. I suppose it must be something to do with the lach of smooth characteristics it has at the rear half.

My neighbour had a black on black and I just didnt like it.

4. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    I wish I could, particularly a blue one!;)

5. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    yes and yes ???????

6. MINIF328GTS

MINIF328GTS Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    cambs
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    so your getting the 430 then are you

7. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    awsome car to drive, but i dont like the looks at all, the back is terrible. Is it worth the money of a 360 CS, not for me right now and the 360 CS is much better looking !

Now a 430 CS, i would have one of those ! I could live with the looks for a CS version

8. MINIF328GTS

MINIF328GTS Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    cambs
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    the 430 cs they have just relased is that the road legal one or the race one

9. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    not released yet and Ferrari havent annouced that they are actually going to build one. However dealers are taking orders/letters of intent

10. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    letter in for a cs - im told about 18 months away by graypaul

11. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan

As incredible as Ferrari's road cars are, there really is very little shared between them and the Formula 1 car Mr. Schumacher steers. In Frankfurt this year Ferrari launched a race version of its incredible F430, available for anyone with the cash to buy and race in the Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli from 2006.

Externally, the new racecar is not significantly different to the road car, with notable exceptions being the 19-inch alloys with quick-release centre locks wrapped in slick Pirelli P-Zero tyres specially developed for the car. At the rear, the panel below the lights is black and features a larger vent for extraction of hot air from the engine bay. Below that the exhausts have been moved up to where the registration plate sits on the road car and the tow hook sticks out ominously awaiting dragging out of a gravel trap or two.

Despite the restrained looks, the Challenge is as you'd expect significantly changed from the F430 production car under its aluminium skin. Ferrari claims that the power output of the high-revving V8 engine is unchanged at 490bhp, but we find that difficult to believe given that the racer features a special exhaust and intake plenum. Regardless of engine changes, the racecar should be significantly quicker than the F430 thanks to weight reduction to just 1,225kg, extending to a stripped out interior, lightweight windscreen and carbon fibre intake plenum cover.

Further weight, and unnecessary complication has been ditched in terms of the manettino switch on the steering wheel. The sophisticated E-diff is replaced by a mechanical limited slip version. Similarly, the race drivers get no stability or traction control, though ASR and ABS remain. The F1 paddle-shift gearbox is set in race mode as standard, offering gearchanges in 150ms. Other standard features for the racecar include Ferrari's carbon ceramic brakes and integrated pneumatic jacks to speed up pit stops. The price? If you have to ask...

pictures:-

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/050923/36/1yczg.html

12. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    yep, i bought a 360 Spider from them about a year ago and as part of the deal i got them to accept a letter for a 430 CS and for the replacement for the 430 !!!

13. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    I just have to ask, how much is a 430C?
    And does the price include getting the thing in a good condition before each race?

14. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

Do the dealers let you order the 430 replacement without having to put up any cash if your an existing customer?

15. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    no cash due until model is formally released and then deposits are asked for £5k ish dependent on who you are!!

16. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

Sounds like a bit of a no brainer

17. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    im up for a dino and the cs. sounds a money spinner to me.

18. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

CS sounds good, but whats the point of the dino?
    If the cars only going to cost ~80k I can't see that your going to make much money selling it on (and I can't imagine you actually want it)
    Might be wrong though, are the people with early AMV8s making money, whats the current premium?

19. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    it will be attractive for the new blood yuppies. The first affordable ferrari. wont appeal to the purists i agree. Demand will be strong from the porsche upgraders.

20. Ravi355

Ravi355 Karting

Feb 20, 2005
    In the Country
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    Do Ferrari have the capacty to cope with demand if sales of the new car go the same way 911 sales have gone in the last 5 years?

As much as i love my car, from what I have read on here about the problems others have had the porsche converts will soon go back because of the build quality issues

21. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #71 hedge, Oct 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob

?

23. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    ??????????????????

24. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    ??

25. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Friend of mine sold his AMV8 for £10k over list and he hasnt even got it yet. His car comes middle of this month.

Yeah its only letters of intent till Ferrari officially annouce they are making the car, then its the £5k, which i why i always have letters all over the place, dont cost you anything !

When i took the DB9 Volante , i put a letter in , in case AM make a more powerful AMV8 as part of the deal