430 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MINIF328GTS, Oct 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    yes, but they wouldnt have let me do it had i not bought a brand new 360 Spider from them and said that it was a condition of the sale !

2. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I was told my order would be 'viewed more favourably' if i bought my 360 from them aswell!!

3. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy

Ahhh....so that's what "3!" meant on Pistonheads.

Apologies for calling your Daytona a Toyota. A Toyota is more reliable. :D

4!

4. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

So how does it work, do I send them a letter like this?

Dear Mr Ferrari dealer,

Can you please give me a free option to get the first UK cars of the following models at list price:

430 CS
    Dino
    F60 (or whatever the next Ferrari supercar is)
    Imola (575 replacement)
    430 replacement (standard + spider)

I would like to spec the 430CS myself as I would actually like the car, but just spec the rest out in Red/Cream to make it easier for me to sell the cars on for a quick profit.

5. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Ha Ha, not really. If they think your going to sell it on then they wont accept your letter. So track record comes into it in a big way, what you have bought in the past, where you get it serviced, if there is a chance you have sold a car on for profit in the past. All the cars i put down a £5k deposit for, i actually want ! The letter is put in so that i have an option for an early car should i want it.

Although it does get weird, i was talking to a Maranello saleman who sad he had guys who had ordered a 430 coupe and Spider and were using the coupe till their spider came, then they would sell the coupe onto a premium dealer who would pay over list for it and there was nothing they could do as these guys were such good customers.

But as i have said, to get a dealer to accept a letter for a car that hasnt been approved yet, you would either have bought a car from them in the past or know the salesman well !

6. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

When I spoke to one of the dealers a few weeks ago, they just said to send them an e-mail saying that I wanted a 430CS, so I guess I'm sort of on the list
    However that 430CS is going to need to be something really special to make it worth spending £160k vs the going price of a 360CS in 18 months time

7. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    i totally agree with you

8. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    ???????