The longest hose | FerrariChat

The longest hose

Discussion in '308/328' started by Glassman, Jan 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Well I am finally at the point of replacing the last stretch of coolant hose. And a long one it is. The heater hose from the engine through the body to the heater T. I am assuming the driver side gas tank need to come out, but it looks really tight. Will I have to remove anything else to get it out? I am trying to figure how much time that I don't have that I need to commit. It looks like the coils may need to come out also. Does the oil radiator have to go too?

2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

And yes the important question is that the car is a 308 QV.

3. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The gas tank does not have to come out nor does the oil cooler. The fuel tank will have to be drained, the hoses removed and slid back, It is a fun job. It would be somewhat easier with the tank removed but you will then have to disassemble the suspension so it will drop out the way and the tank will slide past. The filler hose on the tank is also a fun hose to replace.

4. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Thanks, it didn't look like there was enough room to actually drop the tank out,but I was wondering. It definately looks like a pain in the ass. But I wouldn't want coolant dumping in the rocker if the hose failed.