456 / 550 / 575 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

456 / 550 / 575 Cross Reference, Interchangeable Parts Source Thread

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Cribbj, Jan 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Grant, that turbine style pump will "probably" work for the 456M, 550 and probably even the 575M, but it won't work for the early 456's as they use a different style/size roller cell pump from Bosch.

I say it will "probably" work, only because its output vs pressure hasn't been verified against an OEM pump.

So we can tentatively say it will interchange with the newer 173891 pump, but it will not interchange with the older 155592 pump for the 456 GT.

I'm sure an enterprising owner/tech could probably make the newer style pump fit into the older fuel basket assembly, using a new style rubber cushion/gasket, and he'd have a setup that is both quieter and consumes less power than the old style.

clauber likes this.
  2. bigdaddycarguy

Jan 14, 2013
    Laguna Beach, Ca
    Full Name:
    James Meehan
    Ferrari 456 Cylinder Head Tool

The original Ferrari Tool was "AV2595" a single piece shaped like a large "C" clamp (no longer available)

The new replacement is found at Hill Engineering, parts "AV2905 & AV2906" a (2) piece set up

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ferrari part number 155437, Tyco V23134-B57-X203, F1 pump relay, has been known to fuse contacts and destroy the F1 pump motor. An updated relay, V23134-B57-X152, has hardened contacts that will not melt and fuse. Available from BMW, part number 61361393403, for $15-25 from online parts sources. 155437 is $90 from Ricambi.

4. TZ 750

TZ 750 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2009
  5. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

#80 Cribbj, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is the little pump that lives in the right front wheel well behind the inner fender cover on the 550. It's used on nearly every Ferrari model from the mid-90's onward.

My 550's pump is a Bosch 0 392 020 064, and currently costs around $835, but there are many varieties of this pump on eBay and elsewhere, as Mercedes, Volvo, BMW, etc. all use them too.

The connections on the pump are 19mm nipples, and the hoses were fairly loose, and no doubt were a source of air leaks. One or the other simply pulled off the pump with no loosening of the hose clamp needed...... The electrical connection is a Bosch EV-1, the standard injector type connector.

I opted to replace my pump with a Johnson CM30-P7 pump from SPX - a Swedish outfit. This seems to be a popular retrofit for the Mercedes crowd and that's where I learned about these. The Johnson pump is the same OD as the Bosch, but is a little longer, which isn't a problem in the 550 wheel well, but may be for other models. The Johnson pump has 20mm nipples, so the hoses fit a bit tighter - I replaced my suction hose with a new one, and lopped the end off the discharge hose as it was swollen and looking dodgy, but I reused the rest of the hose.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    Hello , in Europe, the price is cheaper
    BOSCH Pompe de circulation d'eau, chauffage auxiliaire électrique (0 392 020 064) pas cher - PEUGEOT
    Pompe de circulation d'eau, chauffage auxiliaire BOSCH 0 392 020 064 pas cher - Pièces Thermiques et Climatisation : Chauffage et Ventilation - Pompe de circulation d'eau, chauffage auxiliaire 0392020064

7. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Anyone here try the Bosch Fuel Pressure Regulators on their 550 yet? I want to go back stock and just learned that the OEMs cost $1,060.00! OUCH!! It's no mystery now as to why the previous owner installed aftermarket, adjustable FPRs.

Additionally, according to Daniel at Ricambi, the Bosch FPRs may not fit properly, for he had many customers to return them when they decided to carry.

Thanks.

8. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Nick, that may be so. I simply provided the Bosch P/N as it was shown on one of my regulators, but haven't tried fitting one to see if it works. However, Amazon sell them here: Amazon.com: Bosch 0280160564 Fuel Pressure Regulator: Automotive for $115, and they're eligible for Prime, so it's a no risk deal to try one then return it if it doesn't fit. Unfortunately, although it's shown as Prime, it also says 4-5 week delivery, which is odd.

Be a hero and try it for us and let us know if it fits :)

9. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Already ordered :D

I'll definitely post the results!

10. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I saw those. $190.00 is a great price, but I opted to try ordering from Amazon. As John stated, they're a Prime listing, so maybe I'll get them quickly. Either way, I can definitely return then with ease if they don't fit. If this ends up being the case, maybe I'll get lucky and this pair for $190.00 will still be available.

11. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Found a supplier that has them in stock @ $156.00 each.

I'll let everyone know if they fit. I cancelled my Amazon order considering there's a supposed 2-5 week ship time.

BOSCH Part # 0280160564

12. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

#88 Cribbj, Nov 3, 2013
  13. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Whenever I've come to the 456/550/575 section the last day or two, I noticed this Interchangeable Parts thread has been on top, but there's been no new posts. Then it finally hit me (I'm a little slow sometimes), we finally achieved STICKY status!! Woohoo; now I can ditch the shortcut I kept on my desktop to the thread :)

Thanks to the kind soul who answered all the requests to make it a sticky, and thanks to everyone who is participating in it.

But back to interchangeable parts:

Brake Duct: Ferrari P/N: 174155. This is 80mm or 3.25" duct. 3" nominal duct is too small, so beware of the stuff advertised as 3".

McMaster P/N: 5499k247 is close, (McMaster-Carr High Temp 3.25" Blo-R-Vac Duct) but does not have the white stripe that the OEM duct has. It's 2 ply so arguably better quality than the OEM product. (I'm using this on my 550 and it's fitting fine so far)

Aircraft Spruce P/N: 05-30513 (CEET AIRCRAFT DUCTING from Aircraft Spruce) is even closer as it's also 2 ply, plus has the white stripe. (Konadog is using this on his 575)

The ends need to be bonded to the naca ducts, and we're still searching for a product to do that. The wide variety of Gorilla Tape looks to be a winner, as Moorfan used it to patch his duct two years ago and it's still holding up.

MKnightMD likes this.
  14. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Received my Bosch Fuel Pressure Regulators from Rock Auto today. I'll post back this weekend sometime on how they fit!

15. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Is that Rock Auto from Toronto? I tried to drive by there on a weekend but couldn't find the place. It must be a nondescript building I guess.

16. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Nope. Wisconsin.

17. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    Ferrari 550 Maranello - DIRECTION-EMERGENCY LIGHT RELAY Part No. 170762 - Not for USA and CDN -> Alfa Romeo p/n 46466571

18. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #94 Genyosai, Nov 13, 2013
  19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- The fuel pressure regulators are on the fuel pump covers on the 575M. Another 550 difference.

20. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

#96 Cribbj, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Well done Nick & thanks for the confirmation. BTW, I seem to recall there are some little rubber seals that go between the FPR's and the rails? Did the new FPR's come with those?

Thanks Taz, yea that's a given with the 575's returnless system.

21. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #97 Genyosai, Nov 14, 2013
    If you mean item #13 in this diagram.... yes, they came with the FPRs.

22. cptn.Big

cptn.Big Rookie

Nov 17, 2008
    Just did my inner tie rods ends, very easy job, using MOOG Pt#EV317's. These are very slightly shorter at the tie rod end, completely non-consequential, and have a considerably beefier ball joint that should outlast the originals. Don't pop the outer tie rods, just unscrew them, a good bump with a dead blow hammer and a good crescent wrench will undo the inner's. Just position the joint where its easiest to get a wrench on. JP

23. deanhalter

deanhalter Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2008
    Norco, CA
    Full Name:
    Dean Halter
    Is there a cross for the outer as well? I went to Amazon and they showed the end that goes with the inner shown above, but I am unsure it is correct.

Also, did you source a new boot, or reuse your old one?

Thanks

24. 456GD

456GD Karting

Nov 14, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Guys, I was having a chat about it with my mechanic and he insisted that the fact that it is not Ferrari badged means that it is not calibrated for the 456. Does anyone knows exactly how these things work?
    Is it the "bomb" that requires calibration or is there a regulator in the pump that sort of adjust the pressure to the right level no matter what model bomb you attach to it?