456/550/575 @ The Quail 2022 | FerrariChat

456/550/575 @ The Quail 2022

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ferrari55whoa, Aug 19, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
  2. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Nice owner - talked w him - he may post the story.

ralfabco likes this.
  3. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Nice work Eric. I like the different color airbag cover on the Barchetta if it matches the instruments binnacle. I'll try to go take a look at a few RMS lots tomorrow if time allows. Are you planning to be there?

4. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Tomorrow I’m on daddy duty with momma bear working so I’m taking the girls to Concour d’lemons the Vault C&C and then the Ferrari event at the barnyard.

flying solo at The Quail today

LARRYH, pdxjim488 and Texas Forever like this.
  5. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wonder how many guys in our subforum will be in Monterey tomorrow? Anyone going to the barnyard event at 4pm? I’ve still only met Root in real life!

6. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Ryan S., Patrik550, EnzoItaly and 8 others like this.
  7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- Great looking Ferrari. Will you ever paint her? Otherwise, I see a lot of Nevr-Dull in your future.

8. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Thanks Terry, You're right about that... My Vision has always been to paint it exactly like #0848 as it ran in Filipinetti Livery at Monza in April of 1967. The reasons being, Nino Vacarella drove it at that race (my name is Nino), Owner Filipinetti was a Swiss/Italian (As am I) and it ran the #7 on that day which was my late Mom's lucky number. Stars aligned. That having been said, the positive feedback at The Quail and Concorso Italiano (to the raw aluminum) was overwhelming. I spoke to David Piper about it earlier today and even he thinks I should leave it raw and never have to worry about paint chips on the nose... :) I'm now considering applying all the original decals (that I've accumulated over the years) and running it that way through the rest of 2022...We'll see...

white out and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  9. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    100 yes’s please. It just feels so beautiful and real in the aluminum whereas painted it won’t feel as raw and intimate.

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- Will look great either way.

What was done to the engine? That is a lot of hp.

11. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    610 ponies, 480 torques, 1895 el-bees... bet that thing's an absolute rocket! Yes, we'd love to know details about the engine build!

12. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    My 550 V12 has re-degreed Cams and mild cylinder head port clean up. It also has a complex fuel system running Hi Flow Bosch injectors, 2 lift pumps a main hi flow pump, custom pressure regulator and surge tank. The Oiling system includes a modified dry sump and custom oil tank with Petersen Engineering internals that resembles the original P4 tank. I run a MoTeC M880 ECU with dual expanders and igniters. It has a free flow air intake system and custom exhaust headers and tail pipes that copy the original 412P pipes. Performance numbers are taken from the chassis dyno pulls, they are not estimates. She actually sounds like Michael Schumaker's old F1 Car from around 2002 and is indeed a rocket ship! Also, you may have noticed that the intake plenum has been inverted so that the Cavalino Rampante would be visible through the rear deck window in the mid-engine orientation. I'm a detail guy ;) We definitely woke everyone up when we drove onto the lawn at Concorso on Saturday morning. Thanks for you interest. Salute! JJNino

Ryan S., Il Tifoso, Konadog06 and 3 others like this.
  13. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I am frustrated that there is a "like" button but not a "love" button!

Texas Forever and JJNino like this.
  14. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Thanks! I appreciate all the Love :)

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  15. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Wow, thanks for the run down. What a motor! I’ve always thought there’s much more power to be gained out of these engines than Ferrari gave us from the factory, without resorting to major internal surgery. Sounds like some basic SoCal hot rodding and well judged componentry combined to yield impressive results. LOVE IT!

16. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    You're right on! Thanks!

Ryan S. and NE550 like this.
  17. MAlessandro

MAlessandro Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    WY