456 on s.f. bay area/ craigslist | FerrariChat

456 on s.f. bay area/ craigslist

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by blu328gts, Mar 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
  2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If it's llegal in Calif. then it could be a Euro and not some smog issue.

Email for the VIN and look for the tell tale 000 in the middle. Either way, it's the worst of the "Off" colors in green. Even 45K is rather ambitious.

3. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    What is the actual value of a car of this vintage, with this mileage? I suspect there are deeper issues if it's much cheaper than normal.

4. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    decided to email the owner and this is what he sent back:

It's a very soft market and this is not the most desirable model...I have the following concerns, and I am not an expert at all.

AC should be straightforward to fix. Unless the system has been removed earlier. Could be costly.
    Headlight mechanism...indicates it has been in an accident? Combined with the non-working AC, I am pretty sure it's been crashed.
    Exhaust - cats are expensive. Very problematic unless it's kept somewhere where no smog is required.
    Oil gauge - could be just a sender. But again, could be expensive just to troubleshoot.
    Carpet - no big deal. Non-issue for me.
    Shrinkage of leather - not a big deal, but if it's really bad it will detract from the car's value as it is so visible.

I like the color a lot.

With my skills and budget and current market climate, I would pass.

5. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    I have seen the car in person. Paint is off..There was a mouse nest under the hood when I looked at it!

It needs $25-30K in repair and will still have a story.

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think some use of the search function would be helpful. This car has been discussed here before, and in fact the previous owner is active on F-Chat.

7. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Thanks all...I did already search using keywords "Oregon" and "456", which provided much interesting reading/insight!