456 on the track | FerrariChat

456 on the track

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tomkranz, Nov 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomkranz

tomkranz Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Berkshire
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Now my Mondial has gone :-( I'm thinking about what to get to replace it once the business is up and running.

Another Mondial is high on my list, but I'm tempted by a 456. The big thing for me is handling, though - the Mondial was superb, and the 456 looks very big, with a big engine hanging out at the front.

Has anyone taken their 456 on a track? Any thoughts or comments on how it handled?

Cheers,
    TOM

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
  3. dell550

dell550 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    george c
    456 on track handling is great-its the brakes you need to worry about-they fade seriousley even on the manual cars
    i upgraded my 456 manual to the 550 m 18" wheels and tyres as well as pagid pads and extra cooling pipes to brakes and can guarantee that this spec would leave any mondial for dead around a circuit!!

4. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Ive done afew laps of Paul Ricard in a 456 and whilst good fun its just too big and heavy to use as a track car.

As said it will get brake fade quite quickly which is not surprising given its weight.

Anyway its not what it was designed for. Take it on a long blast to the South of France instead.

5. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Tom buy the 456 for the Ferrari thing and as Davey said Euro trips, by a Caterham for the track :

6. tomkranz

tomkranz Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Berkshire
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You could be right there, Mark. Seeing the way you throw yours round the track it looks like a lot of fun ;-)

There's just something ...... excellent ... about driving a Ferrari on a track. It's like the cars been unleashed and you can really enjoy it.

Will see how the business situation pans out over the coming year, and then see what the markets like.

Going to Mallory in a 456 with a Caterham on a trailer hanging off the back could be a laugh though! ;-0

Thanks everyone,
    TOM