Wanted - 456 rear glass / windshield | FerrariChat

Wanted 456 rear glass / windshield

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by djbono, Jul 17, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djbono

djbono Rookie

May 6, 2018
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Lunettes Paysano
    Hi,
    Weird situation I know, but please hear me out.
    I'm 'that close' to pull the trigger on a 95 456 6sp sold by a private seller (who might be watching, if so, hi!).

Per inspection by Milo (Vancouver, canada) && with the hundreds of pages of service bills covering all years since the car was first purchased - the car is mechanically sound and I have no doubts on this. The previous owner really did baby it (like all owners should!)

But...
    The rear window is delimanted/delaminating - rear defogger is out of service, but worse, water leaks (assuming from the expensive moulding ?) and some mold has started to appear in the trunk.

From the CarFax it seems there was a 'glass record' of a little over 8000$ back in 2015. I'm assuming it was changed then, but maybe I'm wrong (will get clarification from seller)

Real question is - where would you source such a glass now? P/N 63164000. None of the north american Ferrari dealers have it in stock, nor in Italy apparently, and all the online shops I inquired with had 'no stock' (notwithstanding what their website claimed)

Thanks for any help!