456 UNI oil filter | FerrariChat

456 UNI oil filter

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by scowman, Feb 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Is there an alternative to the UNI oil filter for the 456? Baldwin makes one for the 308. Anything similar?

2. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I am a fan of "alternative/compatible parts" - as it were - for our cars and actively look for aftermarket replacements. I guess one could call it a hobby. The only manufacturer I found that makes compatible oil filters for the 456 is HIFI FILTER, a European outfit that seem to distribute their products exclusively through that continent. Their replacement oil filter part # is SO 8995.

Unfortunately trying to obtain those filters from their distribution network would end up being far more expensive than just buying the original items here in the US from one of the various vendors that offer them.

3. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
  4. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    When I had 308s, there was also a filter available for them from the German supplier MANN, and those are what I used on my cars exclusively. I've not seen anything but the UFI for the 456, except for the option that asgor listed above but I'm not going to go through the trouble of obtaining one. I wish MANN or Hengst or Mahle would do more Italian car filters, but maybe they figure the relatively low volume of units they'd sell wouldn't make it worthwhile.

5. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    That was the best thing about the 308. Lots of parts options.

6. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    As said in Full Metal Jacket; you're in a whole new world of **** now!

;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app