456 Wheels, your opinion ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

456 Wheels, your opinion ?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by spiderscott, Dec 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would 18" factory style wheels look better on a 456

1. Yes, go for it !!

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. No, leave it stock 17"

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. Lionworks Auto

Lionworks Auto Formula 3

Oct 16, 2013
    Worthington OH
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Ladies, please remember that you can swap the rims in 18 seconds flat. I have the typ, woefully undersized 17’s in my basement. Like changing jewelry...it ain’t a permanent decision. Mine is the Grigio Ingrid Taz posted above, originally loaded by Jagbuff. And love the look but can go back easily. Just like the bespoke straight pipes I also have loaded. But then I’m also not a purist.

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk View attachment 2638827

FreegasMcCheese and Laserguru like this.
  2. 456M GTA

456M GTA Karting

Like Laserguru - I have HRE 18 inch modulars (15mm spacers, hills engineering studs,on rear and front standard with HRE studs) and keep the factory 17 inch and studs for authenticity. Its not everyones taste but I rather like them. Interestingly they came from a forum member that converted his 550 back to standard and sold me these. The body color (Silver) world well with these

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. HK Mondial

HK Mondial Karting

Mar 12, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Mark M.
    I think the 575 wheels are a good balance between upgrading the standard 17" look and going to the "look at me" wilder looking aftermarket
    wheels. Having said that the Novitec are definitely the badass look overall !

mathewr and Boomhauer like this.
  4. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    F456M, mathewr and Boomhauer like this.
  5. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    evinculp, F456M and Boomhauer like this.
  6. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Love the NF2s, have 575 wheels on mine. I couldn't find tires for the OE 17s here. I have added mild drop since this pic, and I think, as Taz wrote, that it really updates the look of the car. A lot of people are surprised to hear that it's a '95.

That said, I agree that it is difficult to find wheels that suit the 90s aesthetic of the car without looking gaudy.

Attached Files:

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    NF2s and regular 575 wheels both look nice, but my vote goes to the 550 wheels - one of the easiest wheels to clean of any car I have ever owned.:)

8. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    Highly prefer the original ones... for me they are a part of the overall design... the astonishing lines of the car deserve all the attention they can get... it’s a pity that most of the non-original wheels draw primary attention.

davidoloan likes this.
  9. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Indeed, yet tires in the original sizes are getting harder and harder to procure.

killer58 likes this.
  10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    these wheels are the perfect balance - totally looks like a current model.

tantumaude likes this.
  11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    My old NF2s are on one 456M and my 18" 575M wheels are on another one, so I have contributed to the 456/456M world. Good news is neither option is particularly expensive. Usually around $4000 for a set of four. At least in the good old days.