456GT Center Console Removal | FerrariChat

456GT Center Console Removal

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by renn20, Sep 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. renn20

renn20 Karting

Aug 21, 2019
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    KL
    Hi,

Im about to remove my center console to fix the after-market radio wiring madness. There are wires going into the trunk via the center tunnel. also, some live wires going into the glove box.

Been studying the parts diagram. Looks like they are just bolts but I find it hard to access. Before I call in the world's strongest person. Anyone has tips on removing the radio shroud, center console all the way to the back seats?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    I had to pull the back seat backs and bottoms, remove the rear console then you can access the screws under there... that and removing the shifter console area and ashtray (screw under there I believe) and take out the front gauge package (six gauges across the top) and it should lift right out. I did not take mine out completely when I installed my radio conversion... was able to get wires all sorted with the outer console in place.

3. Jaredsalinsky

Jaredsalinsky Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2023
    tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Jared salinsky
    hey guys - reviving old thread. I'm about to do this to revamp my stereo stuff. any tips to removing the tranny tunnel trim? back seats and back center compartment?
    and what stereo stuff did you end up using?
    thanks
    jay

4. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Can you let me know how the tire routing to the trunk works? I am going to run a sub cable from the head to the amp.

5. Jaredsalinsky

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2023
    tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Jared salinsky
    what do you mean by 'tire routing'? I'll try to find out exactly where my PO ran the cables for my system and let you know - i'm pretty sure he went from: battery/breaker (through fire wall with existing wire harness) along the right rocker panel under the passenger door, over the right rear wheel well (under the right rear seat) and into a LARGE capacitor sitting in the cubby in the upper right side of the trunk. then wires go down to 2 amps where the spare tire was. All the wires go from the amps to a digital processor next to the disc changer; THEN all the wires run back to the head unit in the glove box; I believe they run back to the front of the car under the tranny tunnel trim.
    i'll try to get pics this wknd

6. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Sorry wire routing. Need N.A. route from stereo head unit to amp. I think the original head unit cable runs that route.

7. Jaredsalinsky

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2023
    tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Jared salinsky
    So I’m gonna run the wires for the stereo this wknd. I’m still trying to figure the simplest way to ‘gently lift’ the center tunnel without fully removing the gauge cluster and shifter console. I’ll let you know how it goes…

Also any tips on removing the rear corner console (with arm rest) would be appreciated. I removed the 2 bolts/ 1 screw and it didn’t budge. Am I missing something?

ty

8. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Why not repurpose the stereo wiring harness currently in there? Cut and splice.

9. Jaredsalinsky

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2023
    tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Jared salinsky
    That is the plan for powering the unit. But theres a few ‘extensions’ to run- USB, antenna etc