News

456GTA Torque Tube Bearings.

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by skl63, Feb 8, 2021.

1. skl63

skl63 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hi,

I am unsure if this post is permissible, but I think it meets the "group interest test".

I am having a run of torque tube bearings produced for the 456GTA. If you are interested they are available in lots of three bearings at a cost of USD260.00 per bearing plus shipping, which will be inexpensive as they are not easily damaged.

They should be complete with the next 10 working days, possibly sooner.

I am using top quality Japanese NSK bearings. These have been in use in my own 456 for several years now.

Please let me know ASAP as I need to confirm quantities,

Best Wishes
    Scott

View attachment 3086897 View attachment 3086898 View attachment 3086900 View attachment 3086899

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    This is a great initiative... I ended up re-using my rubber housings and changed the NSK Bearing on the inside. I had a an edge grooved into the housing and used a C snap ring to lock in the bearing. Used plenty of green loctite as per Constantine's recommendation.

It did the job fine and cost me about 500$. However, I definitely would have preferred using a new alternative like the one you mentioned above. At that price it's a no-brainer.

I know the production may be costly but I would ask Daniel at Ricambi and/or other part suppliers if they would resell them for you or you could put them up on eBay as a permanent listing. I'm sure this is going to come up again as these cars age and Ferrari's replacement parts are priced at 2000$ a piece.

Thanks to efforts like yours that we can contribute to making a great brotherhood and helping each other out. No offense to Ferrari but sometimes with these cars we need all the help we can get.

skl63 likes this.
  4. NoECUs

NoECUs Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    William Harrod
    Hi fellow 456 fans,
    I've ordered a set of bearings from Scott already, but I'd like to publicly acknowledge my appreciation for his making these bearings a reality.
    It takes a lot of careful effort to reengineer parts for our cars so we can continue to enjoy them on the road.
    So, thank you very much!
    Bill Harrod

brogenville, franschman and treedee3d like this.
  5. brogenville

brogenville Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Maybe you could interest Ricambi or Eurospares in buying some?

6. jcbam

jcbam Rookie

Nov 30, 2019
    New York
    Thanks Scott. Somehow I can’t open the attached images.
    Does it work for 456M GTA? How to order?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. To remove this ad click here.