456M luggage question | FerrariChat

456M luggage question

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Adam72, Jan 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adam72

Adam72 Rookie

Sep 17, 2014
    UK
    Hi All... I am very happily a 456M owner again! its great to be back... especially with a manual this time around!

I have come across a set of luggage for sale which was apparently made for the M... I believe these to be quite rare as I haven't seen them for sale before... and there was a thread on FC debating them a few years ago.

I'm slightly questioning the authenticity of them as the leather is so different (softer) to the original 456 sets (although now I have seen the image below that Lionworks posted, they do look similar in the finish), but also the zips and metal work are silver in colour and less superior in quality than im used to on other sets.

But I'm starting to wonder perhaps they are real... as surely we would have seen loads of fakes on the market for sale or heard a few stories... also if you're going to reproduce a set, wouldn't it be of a more well known and sort after one. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Has anyone got a set they can post some photos of...or give a review? Ive also reached out to Alberto in case he has any info

I'm going to try to see them again today and if so, ill post some photos later.

Cheers

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Adam, That's the correct 456 M set, in interior matching color. The 456 GT set is different and just brown-red color (cuoio ambrato).

ciao

3. Adam72

Adam72 Rookie

Sep 17, 2014
    UK
    Many thanks Alberto and John.

I went and had a look at the 456M set again today, great condition but unfortunately my phone was dead so no photos... but i hope to pick them up on Monday. Will post photos if i do...

F456M and Bluebottle like this.
  4. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    F the luggage. Lets hear about car.

Adam72 and Bluebottle like this.
  5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    fwiw that pic does not look like the set i had, and then gave to my mother for her car.

i had a slightly round case that fit into the 'wheel well', and 2 long but different cases.
    i think there might also be a square case that fits in the side of the trunk, but my set did not have that.

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    and photos.

Adam72 likes this.
  7. Adam72

Adam72 Rookie

Sep 17, 2014
    UK
    Good Point ;)

Ive been on the look for a late 456M GT for a while and spotted one up on Instagram through a UK dealer that has a good reputation, Neil at Hairpin. He's a mate of Harry from Harrys Garage (who is a bit of a legend and my hosts my fav youtube channel) so I knew it would be one worth checking out.

As I was away at the time, I sent a friend and Ferrari mechanic up to see it and the report came back all good with a couple of minor things that needed sorting, so on my return went and met Neil, great guy and had sorted out new tires and a tiny scratch that was noted on the PPI, saw his amazing collection of other cars he has on offer... and found the 456 to be even better than expected. Deal done!

Have to say, I have fallen in love with it all over again and now remember how much I enjoyed my previous 456, but being a manual this time it's just even better. I just can't wait for some spring/summer road trips to the Lake District, Scotland, South of France and of course Modena!

Now just looking at a few options to get that V12 sounding a little better :)

Argento Nurburgring
    Blue Scurro leather w/ Daytona seats
    29K miles
    1 of only 33 RHD 456M GT to be delivered to the UK

Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  8. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    What a great car!! Looks absolutely stunning. I had four different exhaust set-ups with and without catalyzers) on my 456M and what worked really well was th original catalyzers, Stebro X-pipe (an oval one foot long pipe) and no mufflers at all at the back. Just Stebro Y tips. That was much better than anything else.

Adam72 likes this.
  9. Adam72

Adam72 Rookie

Sep 17, 2014
    UK
    Many thanks for the info... ill check them out
    Im looking at Bradan Delete Pipes... and i have just come across http://fiammenghiengineering.it

10. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes, Fiammenghi is fantastic. But the suggested set-up is unbelievably inexpenxive and gives a good sound.

11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    All of a sudden, the name I wrote in my reply (same as you mentioned), shows up as small stars. Quite special when many other are making marketing here without being a sponsor.

12. Adam72

Adam72 Rookie

Sep 17, 2014
    UK
    Are
    very odd to get the stars!!! are you refering to Fiam?
    I googled Stebro, but cant find any details... only quite a few posts complaining about how they treat customers :(

F456M likes this.
  13. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Use Fabio and everybody knows what you are talking about. They have not wiped out that one yet.

Adam72 likes this.
  14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes, exactly. Sensour... Bad karma for the moderator. Stebro went out of business a few years ago. My impression is that although the service and delivery times were terrible (from my own experience), they had 40+ years of experience, and there is really no substitute for experience really. And their exhaust sounded really good. For example their «X-pip», when I ordered it, I also asked if they had made any testing with position g and various lengths of the «common pipe» which their version of X-pipe really is, and he told me they had made three or four different length for testing and sold the one to customers that gave the best sound.... I can only assume it is correct, but I believe it was.

15. Adam72

Adam72 Rookie

Sep 17, 2014
    UK
    Thanks... appreciate it

F456M likes this.
  16. Adam72

Adam72 Rookie

Sep 17, 2014
    UK
    As I was flying to Bologna this weekend, I emailed Fabio yesterday while on the plane... by the time I landed he had replied and hooked me up with his friend in the city with a 456 fitted with his mufflers. Hope to see him tomorrow. What a top guy!

F456M likes this.