458 Endless Brake Pads | FerrariChat

458 Endless Brake Pads

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Draco_LV, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Draco_LV

Draco_LV Rookie

Oct 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Alex Kreston
    Wanted to add my experience with Endless brake pads as a new 458 owner since I couldn’t find a ton of information when I was searching.

I decided to get the W008 Endless brake pads bc I use the car as a daily driver and I can’t stand the squeal. The W008s are labeled as their CCB compatible street pad so they are not track pads, those are the W007s if you want that. 4 weeks in and the pads are great. No squeal and they are great for spirited street driving. When cold they aren’t super great, but once warm I don’t notice much difference from the factory originals, although on the track I bet there is. I won’t be tracking so can’t confirm either way.

I called the company bc they say you need anti-noise shims as they aren’t provided but they added that note only bc the factory pads come with them. I couldn’t find the shims anywhere and the rep said it really shouldn’t matter. So far that’s true, we’ll see if that changes. They can custom make some they said but it would take 3 weeks.

The shop that installed them was able to reinstall the brake wear indicators from the old pads as the new ones don’t have any. Cost For pads was $1100 Front and $800 rear...same cost for W007.

Additional notes. Brake dust slightly more than factory but still much lower than my old Aston Martin. Pads are also royal blue and partially visible if that matters to you. For half the price of factory I’m very happy so far.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nice to see others try different things.

Anti-squeal shims? It's been awhile since I changed 458 pads, but I don't recall seeing anti-squeal shims with OE pads. But if they are there, you should just be able to reuse them. But can someone perhaps confirm or debunk their use with 458 OE pads?

3. Draco_LV

Draco_LV Rookie

Oct 8, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Alex Kreston
    The Endless rep said the same thing about trying to reuse the shims from the OE pads. The shop guy said they tried but the shims were attached via adhesive and they couldn’t get them off. No idea if that’s accurate or not, just what I was told. I’m sure someone who has done this recently knows.