458 engine cutoff at 100kph | FerrariChat

458 engine cutoff at 100kph

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RTAB, May 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RTAB

RTAB Rookie

May 25, 2020
    Hello, this is my first post and apologies for posting a query already. I’m from the Philippines. I have a 458 Italia imported from Dubai. Whenever I’m in sport mode on the highway, whenever I slowly creep up speed and reach 100kph, there seems to be a cutoff on the engine and the asr/cst light flashes. But if I step on the throttle more aggressively, it will do this momentarily then go all the way past 120kph. It’s unnerving and weird. It’s like the engine will cough then immediately recover. Makes it extremely difficult to cruise at 100 to 120 kph which is the speed limit here. Anything below 100kph, no problem at all.
    This does not happen in race mode. Just wanted to find out if any of you guys have experienced this. Was thinking it’s preprogrammed into cars from the Middle East but it seems weird. I know the speed alarm is programmed into these cars, but not actually control the engine. Thanks I’m advance for any info!

2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Welcome. You should repost this in the specific section under 458. I’m sure you will get a lot of advise. Good luck.