458 Headlight Bulb | FerrariChat

458 Headlight Bulb

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by nero corsa, Feb 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    Could anyone confirm the replacement xenon bulb for the headlights is d1s? I am wanting to change out the bulbs to Osram XENARC 66140 CBI. The existing HIDs seems dim compared to other cars I have. With the CBI, the lux is greater so hopefully I can see better at night. All real life testing that I have seen are all positive and non-gimmicky.

2. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    I agree, I noticed the same.
    Would also like to know if there is a replacement with higher lux and does not damage the headlight units in any way.

Melvok and PJxxx like this.
  3. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    Nero, before you go thru the trouble make sure your headlights are adjusted properly. My 458 brand new headlights were aimed too low and did not put enough light in front of me. I raised the headlights up and was satisfied.

If this is not your issue then carry on!

MalibuGuy likes this.
  4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Mine were ridiculously low, also. I’m guessing they all come this way, because I can’t believe anyone would adjust them that way on purpose.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    Thank you for the suggestion gqa, I did raise mine up quite a bit and the lighting is still lacking. I think the bulbs I have lost some of its juice since they do lose lumens after some time. I asked 2 dealers in my area and no one knows what bulb is to be replaced, haha. I will just remove mine and then check what it is to replace. Hopefully with the higher lumens on the osram, the output should be cleaner and brighter, not night and day better,but better than what I have now. I know the color on stock setups is 4300k while this is about 5000k which will give a nice clean white output.

6. egi

egi Rookie

Jun 6, 2010
  7. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Did you ever end up removing the bulb and determining a good upgrade replacement that will fit perfectly without any issues?

8. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    Need4Spd likes this.
  9. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Thanks a lot. Found another version that goes up to 7000k and is not street legal, apparently.

https://www.amazon.com/OSRAM-Xenarc-Boost-Headlight-66140CBB-HCB/dp/B0771LG4ZQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=VT12FAU5H5TA&keywords=66140cbn&qid=1665620525&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=66140CBN%2Caps%2C96&sr=8-2&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.08f69ac3-fd3d-4b88-bca2-8997e41410bb

Wonder how this one would do?

10. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    The outputs of the CBB’s never impressed me. They’re not purple like most other peoples 7K bulbs but they’re far too blue for my liking. The 4200K is the perfect bulb for driving at night.

I cannot say enough good things about Lightwerkz. I’ve done lots of business with Cesar over the years and they’ve never once let me down. I’d recommend the Osram Night Breaker Lasers for the best night time driving bulb. Last I looked it was the brightest HID bulb around.

11. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    I agree with ssgharkness020147 with his assessment. Also please don't buy on amazon for this stuff only bc there are so many counterfeit ones circulating around.

12. chitowned

chitowned Rookie

Apr 1, 2023
    Full Name:
    edward haser
    I have to ask. How did you change the bulb. I cannot find directions anywhere

13. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    There is no directions anywhere. I believe it was a circle clip that you have to twist to take out the bulb. The best thing to do is to remove the plastic covering first. Stick your phone in the hole where the bulb is located and snap a photo. That is what I did and it helped out alot. I just remember for sure it is a d1s bulb in there.

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Just changed my bilbs!
    Wow whay a difference!
    I upgraded to the Phillips Xtreme Vision Next Generation
    Very very happy

15. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If it’s like the 430 there is a label on the back of the headlight with the bulb details, Osram make.
    Mega money from Ferrari buy cheaper on e bay