458 Intro | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 Intro

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by soulsea, Aug 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    It is a rarity for me when I don't take something apart, and though I only drove the 458 a week before it went back into storage, I actually like the sound it makes stock. I built something similar (a 2230lbs 650hp 997S only has about 30% of its original parts no nannies scares the heck out of everyone even me at times) and after almost 5 decades of rebuilding (I'd turn that R8 into RWD) cars I think the 4C spider project might be my last. My latest novel might be bought for a movie (it is not even ready to be published yet but there is suddenly a lot of interest with so many studios needed content) and if so my input will be needed. Also after close to 500 cars (and probably another 300 I just worked on), not much truly interests me anymore. I give my patents away for free so inventing things for cars does not really interest me any more. Being what I am certain of my senses are much more sensitive (the least favorite part of my condition), so much so that I can feel things from the steering wheel that no one else I have ever known can. I don't know you OP and since I almost never travel further than 20 miles from home, I probably never will, but I like your passion, (except I am going to use Shiv to make the throttle more linear) you remind me of myself a long time ago. I have used those controllers before and if you can program them to the universal button (garage opener) they are nice to have, I was not crazy about another remote. If there is one thing I have learned from being here (my girlfriend does have to help me understand your humor and sarcasm since I cannot) for over 16 years and that is everyone has their own way of enjoying cars, and there is no right or wrong way, only your way. I used to try a teach people, but then I realized none of you are me, and none of you wants to be. Cant say I blame you.

2. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Came back from service, drop (with FAL) on stock springs and Novitech 15/20 spacers. (also confirmed that previous owner pegged exhaust open and so I'm leaving it be as it's perfect)

Car now has the correct stance to my eye without it looking slammed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TomC9786, Nsd991, evo3 and 1 other person like this.
  3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Serge, that gorgeous 458 Spider of yours is looking sexier than ever.

Congratulations, keep enjoying in good health and have a great weekend. Thanks for sharing, made my day!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

soulsea likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Good stance.
    Get some ppf on it though. Those aggressively offset wheels will fling a ton of debris up the side of the car. Just a word of friendly caution.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

soulsea likes this.
  5. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Thanks ... the car is already fully ppfed.

On the subject of ppf ... man it bothers me when owners cheap out on ppf on white cars and let the shop do it with pre-cuts. All the dirt gets trapped in the seams and there's no way to get it off. :(. White cars this nice should have the ppf custom installed with all the film wrapped around the edges.

6. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    This looks amazing. Perfect, IMO. Have you put many miles on since lowering? I’m wondering if you feel you need the FAL or if you could get away without it at that ride height?

soulsea likes this.
  7. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Not quite as epic as the 458 note but 9/10ths there ... at least she now sounds like a proper V10 should. :)

Thanks to Mike at @Tubi Sales

8. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Congrats, I remember you from the other forums and think we have actually spoken before?

I read your posts and seems we not only have "twins" but we both made the same decision about the Speciale! :)

My deal breaker was the car must have the carbon seats and I found my dream car with red interior which matches my GPW NSX. Let's compare notes as I'm sure both of us will be modding the cars....

ttyl
    rick

soulsea likes this.
  9. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
  10. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed