458 - 458 just reached 100,000 miles in Washington State with a celebration party | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 458 just reached 100,000 miles in Washington State with a celebration party

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Feb 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    He follows all the factory recommended maintenance.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  2. Fcarnewbie

Fcarnewbie Rookie

Feb 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jeff Whitworth
    Congratulations to William. Another testament underscoring that Ferraris can be enjoyed beyond just part time cars.

Like jcoles higher up in the thread, I have always been a 911 owner (since 1983), and currently have a GT3 Touring, the best Porsche I have owned. After being unsuccessful at getting a Speedster allocation as well as disappointed, I realized that price point opened up a lot of options. After researching numerous options for over a year, last week, I made the plunge and took delivery of a 1700 mile 2015 458 Spider. It has added a facet to car enjoyment that no Porsche could. I am looking forward to engaging in this forum and contributing to the Ferrari community.

3. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    I applaud this OP!! It's not just the cost and depreciation fear, but also the anxiety of driving our beautiful machines amidst jealous or spiteful souls who see our cars (and us) as shameless displays of wealth. So I've found trucks parked within inches from my door even when I parked at a distance or experienced jerks who deliberately drive on a shoulder ahead of me to kick up rocks. Maybe it's just me? This is why my long drives only involve Club or motor sport events where I'm in the comfort of like-minded folks.

Bravo again OP! Saluti!

AD211 likes this.
  4. enderby@mac.com

Feb 21, 2006
    Full Name:
    Kevin Enderby
    DAV9XX, 430jm, r6elmo and 22 others like this.
  5. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    LEGENDARY!!!!! Ive just passed 85K miles and its so awesome to see other high mileage examples! I cant wait to celebrate my 100K :)

DefunctNeurons and whatheheck like this.
  6. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Amazing! And awesome!

That an F430 on the right? How's it been in the higher end of miles?

7. chevronb36

chevronb36 Rookie

Oct 13, 2014
    In the Ferrari world, dealer extra mark-up is a big no-no! Dealers are dealt harshly by the factory if a complaint is made. Porsche's business model encourages dealers who build new facilities to in fact charge what the traffic will bear for limited production cars as a way to enhance profitability. Those dealers get the extra allocations.

jcoles likes this.
  8. LivingthedreamBAB

Jan 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    BRIAN BUTT
    Agree. Your should EASILY be able to get an allocation of you want one. They are begging folks in my area to take allocations. I am a big Porsche fan but am disappointed the new GT3 is going to lose some of its classy looks. Kind of like the 458 vs 488 looks wise.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

jcoles likes this.
  9. rolvail

rolvail Karting

Jan 4, 2009
    Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    Rol Hamelin
    Complimenti William.
    My 550 in Italy is approaching 100k and Ferrari in Modena says they have customers’ cars with 200,000 km and no issues! Here I put snowshoes on the tdf.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Carsmith

Carsmith Rookie

Jun 2, 2005
    Palm Beach
    Ferrariisti, Bravo to William and his 100,000 Miles 458. Here in Australia there seems to be a Badge of Honor in not driving your Ferrari far or often. So, accordingly, many are garage queens and subject to the Maintenance "Bug" that afflicts almost any car that is not driven as it was designed to do. What happens? Maintenance costs go through the roof. Typical 430 F1 clutch,replace at 25,000 kms. Or F360 Belts,every two years whether it needs it or not.
    It pays to use your Ferrari often. I frequently work in Germany where a guy living in Frankfurt has over 250,000km on his beloved F40,and it looks new. He can get to Cologne in under 1 hour 20 mins. It is over 200 Miles.

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Ferrari can't and will not charge any markups on new production vehicles. They sell MSRP. They can and will on any preowned.

jcoles likes this.
  12. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

Congrats to William, here's to the next 100,000 miles!!

YOLO!

13. PVEferrari

14. PVEferrari

I have heard of this gentleman in the past w/ over 250,000 km in his F40 in Frankfurt. I'd like to meet him one day...

15. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Congrats William !

Which year is your 458 ? Did you encounter any bad problems aside from maybe tyres and batteries ?

16. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Wow! But even bigger WOW is that you have been a member since 2006 and only 3 posts. Three! Thats what I call a lurking world record ;)

GT2goneF and pilotoCS like this.
  17. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  19. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I wonder what the value of a 100k mile 458 is in today’s market.

20. r6elmo

r6elmo Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    a few years ago I recall a 100K+ 458 selling for around $100K. In today's market it's probably higher. It comes down to maintenance and service history and PPI really. Once the market starts to understand the reliability of the modern Ferrari then prices won't steeply decline so much.

21. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    There was a 100k mile 458 about 9 months ago that sold for $135k when the 458 market was low across the board. My guess is probably $155-165k in today’s market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatheheck likes this.
  22. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I’d love to know since I’m about to hit it :cool: