458 navigation blue screen | FerrariChat

458 navigation blue screen

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Yuriy Zeylikman, Nov 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yuriy Zeylikman

Oct 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Yuriy Zeylikman
    Guys looking for some help. I have a 2010 458. I am 4h owner and have had it for over one month. Few issues that I have started to encounter. First one the Bluetooth phone will not connect. I see it as option but when I press pair the phone it doesn’t do anything. Prior owner states he never used it. Is it possible it was not activated from factory?

The bigger issue is the navigation. It was working when I bought it then one day when I wanted to use it I get a blue screen as if the maps don’t exist. I know it was working few weeks prior. Picture uploaded. Do I need new a DVD with maps that somehow mysteriously got deleted or is it a problem with antenna. Any help is appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Oh yeah, what fond memories I have of the fun that the Infotainment system is on the 458 :)

You might try resetting the ECU on the car, by disconnecting the battery. Check the manual for the proper reconnection procedure. You can also power it down by using the power button there (but you need to hold it down for 3 seconds). That seems to escape a lot of people, as it's only really explained in the user manual.

As far as connecting the phone via bluetooth... on my 458 I used the iPod connector and had pretty good luck. I don't remember if I was ever able to get the iPhone to connect via bluetooth on the 458. I don't think the 458 supported music streaming, but perhaps it supported bluetooth for making phone calls and stuff. Usually with bluetooth, you have to pair things up. If it doesn't work, sometimes you have to go into the system and erase the previous pairing - both on the car and phone - and start over. I've had this issue on my Toyota SUV also and it's 2015.

Even on the 488, I seem to remember bluetooth worked, but not always. So don't feel too bad that your 2010 model isn't working perfectly.

Welcome to Italy.

Ray

3. Yuriy Zeylikman

Oct 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Yuriy Zeylikman
    Ray, Thanks you for your post.
    I have disconnected the battery and reconnected it twice now according to manual and didn’t seem to work.
    It does not appear to be picking up gps signal. I am trying to find someone who has a dvd with maps but I don’t think it’s map related but rather gps related. I might changed out the antenna to see if that will work.
    Regarding Bluetooth there are no phones connected to system and it doesn’t let me search for phone. There is a possibility it was never activated by Ferrari originally. I know that navigation work prior while Bluetooth might not have.