458 owners, on or off Power warranty? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 owners, on or off Power warranty?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Sargepug, Oct 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who is on the Power warranty and who is off warranty??

1. Power Warranty

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. off warranty

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    How much did you pay for 2 years? I paid like $4,500 for one and same quote for another. Plus must pay about $500 for the inspection cost.

2. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Is this ? for me? If so, the dealership landed a brand new box, one of 2 in the country at the time. I had a one year, that was $4,500.

3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    California - did not use it

California T - used for leather repairs and interior sticky trim, engine oil leaks, and gearbox

New Power warranty, engine oil leaks, RHT repair.

Maybe its because I know what to look for , but I’ve gotten my monies worth on legitimate repairs.

….oh and I’m not anywhere near stretched too thin….
    It’s a choice to self insure vs manage liability…. IMO

S

Sargepug likes this.
  4. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    My 2 cents. If you have had issues (and you have), buy the warranty again. If you had no issues, I would pass. My 2010 had issues (no warranty ) spent 12k on repairs then sold it. My 2012 has had zero issues. A lot depends on how previous owner treated it.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  5. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #30 Rexcat458, Oct 24, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Apologies for the late reply, I missed this question in your response. Cost was $5,780 for two years of coverage ($2,890 per year) with no inspection fee.

P.S. Awesome pup in your Avatar photo. How old is it?

Cheers!

6. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Sorry can’t agree with you here. If you can afford to buy an expensive exotic then you can afford it period. That doesn’t mean that if you have an unexpected $40,000 repair that puts a hole in your wallet that you shouldn’t have purchased the car. I can afford an exotic so I bought one with the comfort of a warranty in my back pocket. I could pay for a $40k repair but I would much prefer that money stay in my savings account. If you are so blessed that 40k means nothing to you then good for you but that doesn’t mean that for the rest of us that a huge unexpected expense like that would be painful means we can’t and shouldn’t buy our dream car.
    I love the idea that a lot of guys put away money in the eventuality something occurs. That is in my opinion responsible expensive car ownership.

Sargepug likes this.
  7. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    LOL, that's my Pug Bruno, he was probably 2 at that time, he's now 5.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  8. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Pugs rock bruddah… Give him a hug from me!!!

I lost my Labrador pup “Reese” a few years ago, she was 17 years old and it gutted me. She was the most amazing pup I’ve ever been blessed with in my life.

We spent over 50k on medical treatments in her last two years of life trying to save her, (cancer) but it was not to be. Good luck to you and yours and little Bruno!

Take care…

Sargepug likes this.
  9. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Thanks for the well wishes and Yeah Bro, I know the feeling. My first dog ever, was my Pug named Sarge, that my wife and I bought when we were in our mid / late 20's in '97. We were living in the "City" aka Manhattan and w/o kids, just kicking it and loving life (those were the days). Sarge experienced every major step in or lives from then on, capped w/ the birth of all our 3 kids ('04/'06/;08). His loss in '12 was DEVASTATING to the entire family. However, Sarge made us all pug lovers and owners for ever. His last year alone was easy $20k, just to keep him walking and alive....

10. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So sorry to hear about the loss of Sarge. He sounds like he was an awesome pup! It’s so hard to loose them, but they enrich our lives so much…

Reese was a 2-year old stray that was rescued by a woman in the middle of a busy intersection with three baby pups as cars raced by… We were blessed to share 15 years with her….

Sargepug likes this.