458 Race seat conversion | FerrariChat

458 Race seat conversion

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Grassgassass, Jul 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Grassgassass

Grassgassass Rookie

Mar 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Perry Maringer
    Recently installed CF race seats in 2011 458. Does anyone know the electrical conversion requirements to get everything working properly again? (ie: steering column/mirrors/airbags/etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I have made a wiring harness / relay bank to restore the steering column adjustment with manual seat replacing electric. The air bag was just connecting the seat belt into the system again. Didn't have an issue with the mirror. It can be done is all I am saying.

3. Grassgassass

Grassgassass Rookie

Mar 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Perry Maringer
    Hello MelinTech,
    Do you have any more info on the “wiring harness/relay” you made to get steering column adjustment to work again? I have been able to rectify everything else other than the electric steering wheel adjustment. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!!

4. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I can get all of the parts you need and maybe know a guy that bought all that and didn't use it.
    text me, 770-845-8335

5. RaeGun

RaeGun Rookie

Jan 5, 2019
    Sacramento, CA
    Hello MerlinTech and Grassgassass,

I am having the same exact problem in my 2010 458. Replaced the comfort Daytonas (full electric/memory) to the OEM race seats last week. Airbag sensor/AVH warning light comes on and steering column won't adjust. They presumably did reconnect the seatbelt into the system again on the passenger side but warning light still on. Can either one of you be very specific as to what was done to rectify these problems? If it is easier to contact you, may I do so?

6. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Likely need passenger side occupancy sensor that was in the factory seat and not in the race seat.