458 Speciale Emitting Wi-Fi Signal | FerrariChat

458 Speciale Emitting Wi-Fi Signal

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Miamiadjuster, Aug 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Miamiadjuster

Miamiadjuster Rookie

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Guillermo Saavedra
    Hey everyone,

I’m new to the Ferrari world, I just purchased my first Ferrari and it is a 2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale in white. I love the car! I recently noticed that the car is emitting a wonderful-fi signal. I can’t doghre out what it’s for. The car has a tracking system but that shouldn’t be emitting a wi-fi signal. It turns on when I unlock the car, remains on while operating, and turns off shortly after the car is locked.

I was wondering if it’s some kind of lap timing system that works with an app like my GT3 does. Any of you have a similar experience? Thanks in advance.

2. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What is the Wifi network name? Seems like the name would at least provide a hint of what device is creating the network.

3. Miamiadjuster

Miamiadjuster Rookie

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Guillermo Saavedra
    NTM_AFVDL00A452

4. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Do you have a dash cam with wifi support?

5. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    See how that clears things up right away? :)

Or not.

I don't have a clue what it could be based on that name. Could be the tracker you have installed that allows you to connect to it via an app. Or maybe somebody left an OBD 2 scanner connected -- usually the diagnostic app connects via WiFi or Bluetooth.