458 Speciale picture thread | Page 18 | FerrariChat

458 Speciale picture thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by diSCUDsted, Mar 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rossocorsa

rossocorsa Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Colin
    #426 rossocorsa, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A picture is worth a thousand words......initially wasn't a fan of the NART livery, however I have now been converted!....car looks naked without it and having seen all the variations in the flesh I am of the opinion the NART has the most impact....all in my opinion of course.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Very few people ordered the stripe on the Stradale but now that is a defining characteristic of the car and the factory striped cars are the most desirable.

I get that some people like the clean look but in the end it looks a lot like a base Italia. The NART stripe is attractive and differentiates the car. I will say that it works better with some colors more than others.

3. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #428 720, Aug 7, 2014
    Dealers all over begged their customers not to order stripes on Stradales. They said nobody liked the stripe, and it would hurt resale in the future. I hedged my bets, but of course now I wish I had ordered a stripe on both of my Stadales. I won't make that mistake again. NART stripe on my Speciale for sure (Rosso Scuderia with NART) :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    I casted my vote for the Nart stripe as well. It's beautiful!

5. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    I think that the strip on the Challenge Stradale works impossibly well with the car, I have never seen a car pull of any stripe better. I just have not had the same reaction with the Scud or the Speciale, I just don't think the Nart stripe matches red that well. Some colors look better than others IMO (Not that my opinion matters lol)

6. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    #431 GHG, Aug 7, 2014
  7. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    NART stripe doesn't visually work for me because of the break at the hood vents. The front bit of the stripe looks out of place. I liked the scuderia stripes because they end at the vents, however scud stripe is not so nice as NART. A NART stripe ending at the vents might look OK, otherwise I prefer no stripe.

8. Clutch5150

Clutch5150 Karting

Jul 27, 2013
    Be interesting what this stripe business will look like on the new Spyder edition Speciale!

9. COBrien

COBrien Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago
    I ordered my car with the NART stripe just because I feel like it "should" have it. Stradales/Scuds/Speciales should have a stripe. I didn't prefer the look of the car with it or without it. But now that I have the car, I'm very happy I went with the stripe. I think the car looks better and more interesting with it.

From what I can tell, most people who see the car agree. I would guess that 80% of the people who look at it comment on the stripe and say how much they like it. Quite a few of them seem to think it's one of the best things about the look of the car. The other 20% who don't say anything may not like it, may not care, or may not like it enough to say anything.

That said, I'd still say get whichever stripe you prefer (or none). I don't believe it will make that much difference on resale.

10. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    it's an interesting debate regarding the livery of these track performance F cars. when the Stradale came out, it was almost a huge no no here in the midwest. my dealer stated of the allocations being built, most were non-striped cars. I think most, myself included, didn't even understand what a gem or hidden diamond these cars were. its pretty evident that non striped Stradales don't command as much as their striped counterparts. when I ordered a Scuderia I was the first at the dealer to do so. I think it opened up the dealers eyes as well and started to see more and more orders with the livery. my personal take is that I love the Nart livery. I do see the point being made about where it ends but don't know if ending it where the hood vents are would make it better. The other 2 livery's (gray and black) better suit more of the other color combinations but it seems more suited on the Scuderia, IMO. Regardless, pics are one thing but I think when most people see a non striped Speciale go by (especially when traveling at high speeds), they can differentiate it from a 458 Italia. Diehards can spot the different bumper, exhausts, etc but the livery always lets others know, get the F out of the way!! :)

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Stripe looks fantastic on Scud, but cartoonish on the CS, and awkward on the 458. Perhaps time will massage that viewpoint. Agree, order what u like. Resale likely proves out stripe adds value.

12. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    I don't remember what the stripe cost, but isn't the Nart stripe around 11k usd optioned? If so, the original msrp/window price of the car will be higher. Thus when selling, the included stripe should command a premium.

13. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    +458S, Nart stripe for my Speciale.

14. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Fwiw, I asked my dealer about having the NART stripe terminate at the hood vents in a similar manner to how the dual stripes end. I was advised that this is not possible. The dealer surmised that it had to do with the contoured surface in the middle of the hood at that transition making for an awkward and "pointy" end (or beginning) of the stripe. I don't know if this is something the factory would do if pushed (for a price of course) or if the factory thinks it would just flat out look bad and won't do it. I would like to know if anyone else heard differently.

15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You do not want that because everyone would think your Speciale had been repainted and the stripe is missing
    There are some things the factory refuses to do now and then.I would imagine this would be one of them

16. RC33

RC33 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Garden City
    Full Name:
    RC33
    Haha ... totally agreed! I love your last sentence! LOL

17. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Very nice! Coulour name?

18. Melons

Melons Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2013
    What color is this?

19. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    As this is my point, too, I try to visualize it and the "pointy" thing doesn't look that bad to me. I think I'd try it myself if I was in the position to do it.

20. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    That's what the Tailor made process is for...you can have anything that you want..it just costs more. Ask to go through that process for your special nart stripe.

21. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Tailor made is great! but there are still limitation on what they can and cannot do. I ordered my white speciale with the Nart stripe and in order to show separation between the white car and the white of the stripe, they were able to custom a quarter inch Nart blue line encompassing the entire stripe - which is fantastic! They could not however grant my request of an all white carbon fiber interior...hehe

22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    What color and what color stripe ?

23. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england