458 spider(RHD) passenger’s interior electrical harness | FerrariChat

458 spider(RHD) passenger’s interior electrical harness

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by xxyoungg, May 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xxyoungg

xxyoungg Rookie

Apr 26, 2021
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    young
    new to the forum and I had replaced the whole evaporator unit of the HVAC systems DIY recently, now I’m stuck with the only electrical connector with tons of messages and warning lights on the cluster (AIRBAG, TPM, electronic suspension etc...) neither the rear lights and signals are working too

*Scroll down to view on how does the connector looks like, it is bonded with the glove box electronic catch connectors.

thanks and cheers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #2 Qavion, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
    ..and you can't find anywhere to put it?

Looking at the wire colours, there seems to be some traditional Ferrari colours. Is it related to one of the panels which change the TFT displays on the instrument panel?

3. xxyoungg

xxyoungg Rookie

Apr 26, 2021
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    young
    Hi Qavion, enlighten me with ‘traditional colours for the electric cables please.

No I couldn’t help myself to get it inserted to the correct female connectors even after get the whole upholstery removed again

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #4 Qavion, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Well, an example... blue and blue (with black stripe) are traditionally right and left turn signals respectively. The handbrake switch wiring is orange/black. Yellow is usually key power. Yellow/red is switch backlighting power. I thought I saw a blue/yellow wire (which is related to the mode select buttons for the instruments on an F360/F430).

I also thought the plug might be related to the Hazard/Turn module. On the F430, that has a 12 pin plug with 11 used, but apart from the light blue (?)/white wire, I don't recognise any of the other colours.

Sorry, I don't understand. You're saying you know where it goes, but it won't connect?

Just wondering why it's missing a pin.

5. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I believe it connects to the bottom of the seat.

yum1970 likes this.
  6. yum1970

yum1970 Rookie

Oct 11, 2013
    United Kingdom
    It does look like one of the connectors on the bottom of the seat

Have you removed the dashboard unit ?
    If you have disconnected the dashboard wiring loom and the plugs connecting the front body wiring loom to the interior/rear body wiring loom
    There are 2 plugs in the front door pillar (which side depends on LHD or RHD )area that are identical
    If you mix these up it will throw up all sorts of problems

7. xxyoungg

xxyoungg Rookie

Apr 26, 2021
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    young
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

It’s Y-162 socket from the diagram which powers to iPod interface (optional package on this car so remained unplugged)

Problems solved! Cheers guys

Qavion likes this.