458 Technical Sheet search | FerrariChat

458 Technical Sheet search

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by AlfistaPortoghese, Sep 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the 458's technical sheet. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Searched high and low but came up empty.

For all intents and purposes, it's the car's "blueprint". I'd like to apply for a front license plate of smaller dimensions here in Portugal, and official portuguese authorities are asking me to produce not only the CoC (Certificate of Conformity within the EU - which I already got), but also the car's technical sheet from Ferrari.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Portugal = EU ... and we in NL are not allowed that small plate because of .... EU law :D

But please ... go ahead Nuno ...

I have no clue of what you are looking ... but can it not be found in the digital Owners manual or WSM ?

3. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Nuno

If nobody on here can find one, pull anything from the Internet that looks remotely technical and r
    Hi Nuno

Do you have something similar from another car to give us an idea of what the document looks like?

If not I agree with Melvok copy the relavent technical pages from the owners manual stick them In a PDF file write a front page with 458 Technical sheet on the front of it and send that to them... hopefully that will do the trick?

Regards

Michael

4. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Hi Mel!

You're of course right. But in Portugal at least, in cars like most Ferraris and certainly the 458 (also several Alfa Romeos), you can present the case to the authorities saying that the front design and dimensions of the car aren't suitable for a full size license plate. In order to do so, you must present the car's technical sheet as Ferrari themselves presented to the EU at somepoint, to allow the model (in this case, the F142 or 458) to be homologated and sold throughout the continent.

Hi Michael! I do actually, my former mechanic managed to find the same sort of document for my 1988 Mondial. Will scan it tomorrow and attach it here.

Thank you both for your help!

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

5. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Michael and Mel,

Here's a similar document, for the Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet (Europe only).

Does it help?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Attached Files:

6. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael

Hi Nuno

So it looks like you will need to contact he Italian transport ministry who do the homoligation of vehicles in Italy....

My Italian is 0/10 so I dont understand a word on this website, but I think they will be your best shot, as the info should be a public record.

https://www.ilportaledellautomobilista.it/gms/homepage/74

Or you could try dropping marcel massini a PM by all accounts he knows everything Ferrari...!

Regards

Michael

7. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    It is just a conformity doc ... sk your Government for it, the cars have been accepted by them (and all other EU countries) ... of your German dealer.

8. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #8 Melvok, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    In the WSM it gives this info (in inches, sorry).

Image Unavailable, Please Login