458 to Speciale | FerrariChat

458 to Speciale

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Welford10, Jan 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hi forum

I’m looking to change my 458 Italia for a speciale.

I don’t do many miles and it would be a keeper.

just missed out on the perfect spec before Xmas.

Are they worth the upgrade? Never driven one.

mine below.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ShadowLAP likes this.
  2. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    I went from a Scuderia (which I loved!) to a Speciale and I can tell you there is a vast difference between the two in regards to aesthetics, technology, performance and attitude. The Speciale is far superior however I do miss the rawness and kick in the seat when shifting hard in the Scuderia! 458 Italia gap is probably less to the Speciale but the aesthetic differences alone make the Speciale the choice for me. Here is mine. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I have never driven a Speciale and would love to own one someday. I'm praying some owner will put 40k miles on an example that I can buy and put another 40k miles on. Having been on track with Speciale's in my Italia, I can tell you the actual performance difference is negligible, a 488 would get you much more in the performance department. I would imagine it is louder, more permissive under throttle (if you drive with traction control on) and it is definitely sexier. All the YouTuber's ever say is "they turned everything up 10/15/20/25%". Unfortunately, it isn't 20% faster, so I'd love to hear owners explain what it means to turn everything up 20%.

4. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    yes.
    Do it. Speciale is awesome. I went from a 458 spider to a speciale. Best decision ever. Best car ever.

italiafan likes this.
  5. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    they drive quite differently imo, you won't regret it

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Amazing! Ur 512tr looks the best;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clay512TR likes this.