458 transmission TCU tune | FerrariChat

458 transmission TCU tune

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by daflk, Aug 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Hi, given the 458 shares gearbox hardware with Speciale and 488, and both have faster shift times, is there any tune out there that can change the shift time akin to 488 for the 458?

Ash Patel likes this.
  2. elevated velocity

Feb 9, 2019
    Likely the 458 speciale has a faster processor inside the Transmission Control Module. So maybe there’s less lag by the time the paddle is pressed and the gears actuating. I doubt the actual hardware inside the trans shifts faster.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  3. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Truth be told, shift times of Italias, Speciales and GTBs feel all the same to me on public roads. Perhaps on track it’s a different story, but as for everyday driving, it’s pure marketing of no consequence, imvho.

Ferrari never officially released 458 shift times, so it’s rather easy and very convenient to claim faster shift times on the 488, while still not putting forward a number (again).

Brakes are another matter. I feel they’re performing better on the 488 in any driving scenario (but namely when cold) in comparison with the 458. However, I don’t know if you can fit 488 brakes on a 458.

Kind regards,

Nuno.