458 -v- F8 Tributo | Page 4 | FerrariChat

458 -v- F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Michael Petersen, May 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Dang I actually feel sorry for you that you don't get that emotional connection to a car, especially one like the 458. I truly love to look at it as I think it is incredibly beautiful. The connection I feel to the car when running through the gears and hearing that 9000 RPM scream is monumental. I can be having a bad day and take the 458 out with the top down and it suddenly will put a smile on my face.

Yes a Honda Accord is just a car but a supercar should do more.

Michael Petersen, Coincid and docf like this.
  2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks, but it is not like I had a choice, this is how I was born. It does have its own advantages.

3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    It’s who are and that is just fine. I am curious if you look at cars like an appliance why not save a ton of money and buy a Honda Accord? Not bashing you just genuinely curious your thinking on that.

Thanks

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    First you cannot insult me or bash me I dont understand it and I have no feelings to hurt. I don't just own Ferrari's Lamborghini's, Porsche's and other expensive cars. I have owned Miata's TR6's MGB's, Spitfires, Corvettes, Jeeps, etc. It is not the money that I see it is what purpose I have for the machine, I have at least 5 coffee makers, a dozen vacuums, and about 180 watches. They all have different purposes just like my cars. The only car I own that is still stock is my 2020 BMW M550, I will get to it soon. I like taking things apart, remaking them the way I want them to be. The 997S (650hp 2216lbs no traction controls very few people will even get in it)that I have put close to a half a million dollars into rebuilding over the last 14+ years is worthless (Porsche dealers call it a kit car) to anyone but me. I have been told I have forgotten what I have forgotten about cars at this point. I do what I do because it keeps my mind busy (like my writing and inventions do), and I am financially able to. I see things differently than you, but I still appreciate what a car can do when it is remade a certain way and in the hands of someone that knows how to get the most out of it. Sadly most cars never are driven to their potential since their owners are either to afraid or to incapable of using them that way. In other words the extra power the F8 has over the 458 would never be able to be used, (at least in my purpose for the car), and I strongly doubt other than bragging rights it would be used by 90+% of owners. I mean no disrespect or bashing to anyone but most owners probably could not drive a new Miata to its limits and keep it on the road. So why buy a F8 over a 458.

Terrence likes this.
  5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Cool man thanks. I would love to see some pics and hear more about your Porsche. Do you have a thread somewhere about it?

6. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I feel like you just wrote for me! Unbelievable.

tekaefixe likes this.
  7. Michael Petersen

Dec 11, 2015
    Australia
    BuddyG - You have precisely described the feelings my 458 Spider creates for me. It's winter in Melbourne at the moment, but provided that it's not raining, the first thing I do after pressing the starter button is to take the roof off. The symphony played by that NA V8 is incredible. I suspect that our smiles are twins of each other. I just didn't get any of that driving the F8. Great car but the emotions weren't engaged.

AlfistaPortoghese and buddyg like this.