458s on Fire | Page 10 | FerrariChat

458s on Fire

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Andreu Tautou, Jul 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    It is not 'Illegal' to post anything that's political. This just isn't the right place to do so.

If you want to go hand-to-hand, foot-to-mouth on political subjects, please subscribe and do so at your own risk in the Politics and Religion section of the subscribed forum.

You have received an infraction... another instance of posting P&R outside of the P&R section will result in a ban from the board.

Mike

2. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
  3. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
    I didn't realize what I could do and could not do in this forum (or any forums).

I do apologize if I wrote something that's not allowed.

If a moderator can delete my posts related with the Politics, then I would really appreciate it.

Again, I wasn't trying to cause problems here. Just trying to point out things I believe without knowing the rules and maybe that was the problem.
    =================================================================
    Apology accepted????

4. christiann

christiann Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    just spoke to 007 and he told me it is lamborghini who starts all the 458 fires.

5. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
    Nice one. ;-) Tell him to prosecute any arsonists!

6. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
    If it was arsonists, then God will judge them.

If it was really fire caused by mechanical failure or any manufacturer's defects, then there will be recalls.

If my car burns due to reason number 2, then I'm sure Farmers would take a good care of it. I just contacted my agent to add the GAP insurance "JUST" in case! LOL~~~!!!

If it burns, then I will get the money and keep it until I buy the 2011 or 2012 model. Haha...

So, either way, no need to worry, guys~!!!

7. stereotaipei

stereotaipei Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2010
    Taiwan + Europe
    there is also a campaign in Switzerland. Not sure what they do on the car, but it is done very quickly (less than a day)- they will work on mine this Wednesday.

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This thread is useless..... what a waste of time it became.

9. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
    Yes, right? Oh well...

10. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
  11. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    It's just ridiculous now. It seems non 458 owners are more concerned than those of us with cars.

12. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    If you really belive that competitors are deliberately setting 458's on fire, you need to see a phychiatrist, Ferrari's have a history of burning as the fuel tanks are near the engine and its obviously worse with the 458

13. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
    True that. It's like when I live in US, my friends around the World think I live in a very dangerous land where cops kill people (movies!!!) and bunch of terrorists, but we live here without problems. Same thing. We, actual owners are perfectly fine but others are more so worried about than us. ;-)

14. 458Spiderman

458Spiderman Formula Junior

Of course, but no apology required.

15. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
    Hey, hey... Stop that. I didn't personally attack you. So, stop.

16. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
    #241 Jayturbo, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    Thanks man~! People do attack others here... It's OK to make a comment but saying something like "Go see a psychiatrist (He couldn't even spell it right, duh...), go away... or nuts, racist, shameless..." is really something. If someone wants to say that I wish they could do that in front of my face at my presence. I take anyone and any time. Sorry for being so offensive, but I just can't take that. It really bothers...

If I personally attack someone first, then I can get all the blame. But if I didn't do it first, then I shall not get any of that. Simple logic.

If someone dislikes what I wrote about a subject then either criticize the subject or just don't say anything. But criticizing the person is senseless and should be avoided. I can do a lot better at criticizing others if I want to, too, I just don't choose to. So, whoever wants to criticize me in person, then let's have a meet. Cool?

By the way, this has nothing to do with 458Spiderman. Just happened to write here... ;-)

17. 458Spiderman

458Spiderman Formula Junior

I'm sure there are plenty of Ferrari owners who will attack, too. I am technically not a Ferrari owner yet: My dealer has a hefty cash deposit of mine but all I get for it is some emails to hold me over until I can actually place my order in about 6 months. I haven't even owned an F-car since 1996. My DD is a GTC Speed.

18. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
    No offense. ;-) I really didn't mean that so edited it. ;-)

19. zxttfan

zxttfan Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2009
    St. Louis
    Jalopnik is reporting one burned in China now. Is this a new one or a rehash of a previous car?

20. cavallinofans

cavallinofans Rookie

Nov 6, 2006
    Texas, USA & Italy
    Full Name:
    MM
    Maaannn, so many people, soooo many opinions and soooooooo many wrong ones.
    Blogs are great! 90% of the stuff on them is just made up, incorrect or misleading.
    How about the issue only happens to the ones that put 300 miles on their car in 3 years...you know...basically 99% of Ferrari owners, the ones that go from the garage to the town center a mile away and then back. Maybe the car just gets pissed off because it never sees the 9000 RPM needle or 200MPH. Ever tried to drive an F1 for 300 miles at 5MPH? Ohhhh! Just adding my piece of bull**** to the lot. I am sure it is as accurate as most opinions here. Ha ha ha.

21. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    I called my dealer today....Apparently when you purchase a 458 you are supposed to get a little diecast model of the car. I looked around the bonnet (in the red car cover bag) and all I found was a bag of Ferrari brand marshmallows & a sharpened stick. The quick reference guide made no mention of how to make use of those items. :(

Jati

PS. I did finally find the little model...

It was charred! ;P

22. Jayturbo

Jayturbo Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Lee
    Didn't know about that. I will look into it tonight...

23. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #248 DrStranglove, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hahahahahhaaha!!!! Take this with you!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What fumes? In today's cars crankcase and fuel fumes are all supposed to be in closed systems and burned off during combustion. There should be no fumes to vent, especially flamable ones. What am I missing here?

Dave

25. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ferrari thought the "burned off during combustion" meant the whole car ;)

Seriously though all cars still fume out of the fuel filler, especially if the car has just been filled up because the fuel tank has lost its vacuum.

So do we know whether these cars have just been filled?
    Pete