488 Facelift and Replacement | FerrariChat

488 Facelift and Replacement

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by SoCal to az, Feb 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So as I understand it, the facelift of the 488 is to be released at Geneva. Facelift only and no power upgrades. Then replacement comes in 2021 and supposedly more power but a v6.

The facelift will not have any power upgrades and then the replacement will have more power but then the Mclaren LT will be due around that time.

Does this mean that Ferrari is perpetually behind? The LT will have more power than the 488 replacement for sure. Not only that- 488 replacement goes to a v6 and LT remains a v8.

Add to that no carbon tub- I know that Ferrari is in no danger of going out of business or anything but I think they are going to be perpetually behind all the time.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It doesn't matter, the faithful will always be lined up outside their doors to order one. Lambo and McLaren will continue to take market share though.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    True- but at some point enough people realize that the bang for buck isn't there. who knows.

Gh21631 likes this.
  4. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    The 488 successor probably has some bang for its buck... didn't know that it was only going to be a V6 though. Mixed feelings about that one

5. Chrys

Chrys Rookie

Mar 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chrys Arimas
    Hi guys! Deep apologies for disturbing your discussions! I just came to ask something briefly as I am curious and is interested in your opinions.

What do you think of the Mclaren Automotive brand logo? where do you think its from? is it from the vortex or is it from the evolution of the kiwi bird?

Also, do you think the McLaren Automotive brand logo is highly recognisable compared to other luxury sport cars?

I was just wondering as I have been solely debating myself and have never got an insight from others! Really sorry for discussing this here.

openwyder and aaronrgonz like this.
  6. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    No need to apologize!

I think the logo is clean and effective.

I found this on the logo: "According to McLaren, “The revamped logo that first appeared in 1997 featured a streamlined speedmark which bares similarities to the vortices created by our rear wing. It appeared on the top of our cars’ side-pods. They evoke the aggressive markings found on predatory animals and insects."

As for its recognizability, I definitely think McLaren is right up there with Ferrari and Lambo.

openwyder, Gh21631 and Chrys like this.