488 Forza Exhaust remote control valve switch | FerrariChat

488 Forza Exhaust remote control valve switch

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Droprename, Jan 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Droprename

Droprename Rookie

Dec 11, 2021
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Smith
    Hi all,

First post on the forum

I'm looking for anyone with experience of the Forza Exhaust remote control valve switch.

I've just had it installed on my 488 by a Ferrari Main Dealer (cheaper than an indy if you can believe that!), but something isn't right.

I have the control set as Normal Mode (ECU Control) on startup.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

As you can see from the instructions below the buttons on the controller should allow me to switch between, ECU Control (default at start up), Closed and Open.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

However, I seem to have only A = ECU Control and B = Off, with no 3rd option to have the valves open (to me, the whole point of getting the unit installed). As I'm never going to choose "Off" (obvs!) I'm stuck with just having the usual ECU control which is what the car does stock without the modification.

The dealer's installer must be doing something wrong unless I've got a duff unit, as I've only heard positive things about this controller. But Im unaware of any other options to fiddle with. It's a pretty simple setup.

Has anyone had this experience?

Thanks in advance.

2. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK

I have the same system, again fitted for me at the main dealer.

Mine is set to be open all the time from start up, then if I want it closed (if on the motorway with roof open) I press one of the buttons. To open again I press the other button. Unfortunatly I am not using the car at the moment so I cant say which button is which !

Brilliant piece of kit, makes the 488 sound almost as good as a 458, and not a lot of money.

3. Droprename

Droprename Rookie

Dec 11, 2021
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Smith
    OK thats really interesting thanks, a couple questions;
    1. the smaller buttons on the remote labelled C + D are redundant on your installation? You only use the larger A + B?
    2. can you remember if you noticed a discernible difference having the valves set to open when stationary + revving between 0 - 3000rpm compared to the standard ECU controlled stock setup? The valves kick open at 3,000 RPM in Race mode anyway, but on my installation as I seem to be stuck in ECU control it makes chuff all difference, and it only seems to start making any noise at over 3,000 rpm which is stock action

4. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    1) Only A + B

2) Huge difference stationary and below 3k RPM. So much so that when I collected my car recently after a service there was a guy there dropping off his 488 and as my car was standing there ticking over he asked me which exhaust system I had installed ? I then pressed the button to close the valves and the car almost almost became silent by comparason. Chalk and cheese. Its a real party trick.
    He had one fitted along with his service.
    Several pals have now had them installed, 458's and 488's and are really pleased with the kit. The 458 sufferers as much as the 488 in that its really quiet with the valves closed/sub 3k rpm.

I would suggest you set it to open by default.

5. Droprename

Droprename Rookie

Dec 11, 2021
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Smith
    Yes it looks that way. A shame I need to get it back in for them to take off the rear bumper again as you can only make that change on the switch itself.
    Thanks for the info.

6. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    It does sound as though you have a faulty unit . You should still be able to press either A or B and the valves will open on tickover (you will know the difference) while stationary, regardless of the default setting. The only advantage of the open by default is that you hardly ever need to touch the remote.