488 - 488 GTB gear Is “Not” shifting on Auto mode | FerrariChat

488 488 GTB gear Is “Not” shifting on Auto mode

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by EzyMode, Aug 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EzyMode

EzyMode Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Hello,
    My friend got this problem, while he puts the gear on auto

Anyone got this before? though the manual shifts are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Starting the car and depressing the "auto button" puts the transmission in the manual mode.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The Ferrari Auto gearbox programming is so poor, all across the board. Lazy and crappy programming, that's all there is to it. The most annoying part is that the way Ferrari has it set up, means that it is constantly tryjng to learn. Porsche systems do a much better job of remembering how you drive on average, and then base it off of that. The Ferrari system constantly throws info away so as soon as you drive calmly, that's what it learns. On top of that they have been too lazy to program proper Auto modes for Sport and Race. Welcome to the wonderful world of Ferrari gear shifting. The only company in the world who can make the best V12 you can imagine, and at the same time render it a total non-event due to their gearbox programming. Mind-bendingly stupid.

Try disconnecting your battery for 10 minutes. That resets the TCU. That might help a bit. It may also be learning it because the car is not driven very hard. But again, give the reset a try. Other than that, get a Porsche if you want gearbox programming done right.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shadowfax likes this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Your description mirrors mine. Ferrari's auto mode is utterly disgraceful - zero intuition....incredibly bad. Porsche's is just beyond brilliant and exactly how one would expect Ferrari to be especially given the price point of the car. But sadly not so. Regardless of enthusiasts driving the car in manual 99% of the time, it's not the point nor should be used as any excuse for Ferrari's disgraceful slackness. They really need to get their **** together considering the badge whores lining up to buy their cars who mostly would be lost on how to use the paddles. I guess just as well these types only drive their cars up Rodeo drive or own them for a week like you know who.;) As in poser boy using Wallet Wizard to finance his cars....as well as to buy his lunch.