488 GTB Production Delivery Timeline | Page 9 | FerrariChat

488 GTB Production Delivery Timeline

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by cpiguy, Mar 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Car went 93 Friday but truck didn't pick it up in NJ until late yesterday. Heading to Fla, with ETA end of week. Seems long with no stops. Then they PDI the car, then apply PPF. Each takes half a day or so, so possibly Saturday or early next week. it's been a year, so counting days and half days is like watching water boil. My dealer has been very good about communicating each step along the way.

Chris Huang likes this.
  2. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    That's great! Excited for you! I think they lost my car :(

3. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Dude, where's your car?
    Luckily, mine arrived today at dealer. PPI tomorrow. PPF Friday a.m. Take it home Friday p.m., just in time for the weekend

4. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Bad news, car arrived at the port today, which makes absolutely no freaking sense. Good news is, I cut a deal with my dealer to buy my GTB if it doesn't sell in time. So... the spider should be mine in a couple of weeks.

5. RossoCorsa716

RossoCorsa716 Karting

May 15, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    At least things are moving along. My dealer says still no status update in the system on my car. Shows it's on the water. Going on 5 weeks now, not sure what's up. Ugh

6. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Dude, it's totally confusing. I met with the GM of my dealer today, and he's a great guy, and he just shrugs his shoulder. Just doesn't make sense!!! It will get here eventually :)

7. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I was advised that my 488 Spider was at status 30 (painting stages) on June 28th but I still haven't received any production photos. Tough to be patient....

8. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Great news about the GTB. I find it amazing that there are so many gtbs sittting at dealers considering how great of a car it is. FWIW You are going to love the spider. Sorry about the delivery snafu. Mine had similar issues and actually sat at the port for 2 weeks before the PDI and the transport truck picked it up. It's worth the wait. Keep us posted

9. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    #209 agrun, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    hopefully out the door before august break. silver lining if not, you may get lucky and get an '18

10. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    in general, how close is GTB resale to purchase price?

11. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Sorry, don't know yet...

12. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Arnie, ping me if you want to discuss. I traded my GTB on the spider.

13. RossoCorsa716

RossoCorsa716 Karting

May 15, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just got word that my car is Status 91 and at the port! Sooooo...customs, then 2 week transport to West Coast...then I sleep in it for the first night just to say I did.

This whole process of making a wildly irrational decision, then having to stick with it for 5 months before it happens is officially the worst thing ever. It's like deciding to spend an obscene amount of money on hookers and blow, then scheduling the event for 5 months in the future.

On the flip side, I have now learned something about myself. I always knew I had a penchant for impulsively irrational decisions (splurge on the penthouse suite at a hotel, last minute weekend getaway, random big purchase while shopping, etc.), but I still maintained that I was a rational person on the balance. I now have no basis on which to make that assertion. My irrational side won out even after 5 months of dispassionate deliberation. That's a scary proposition.

sampelligrino likes this.
  14. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    So, as I had mentioned, got word that the car hit the port yesterday, even though it was scheduled to be there on June 28th. Today I got word that it left the port and is in transit scheduled to be here in a week. Obviously there is something messed up with the Ferrari reporting system. I do believe when they report the status, that it's accurate, but it appears to me that the information is being delayed for some odd reason. This was not the case with my GTB.

15. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    My dealer reports having cars show up even though showing 90. Yes, there are inconsistent lags in build code status. Great news though so I predict you will be driving by next weekend. Picking mine up tomorrow.

16. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Excited for you. Enjoy that first drive. It's the best!

17. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Blu corsa arrived today. Such a magnificent beast. A friend following behind me reported that it actually caused traffic slowdowns heading down the turnpike. Those of you who have yet to receive yours are in a for a major treat. Worth every bit of anticipation.

18. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
  19. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Wow! Stunning!!! So jealous. Enjoy my friend!

[email protected] likes this.
  20. RossoCorsa716

RossoCorsa716 Karting

May 15, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Went status 93 today!

21. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    This is another example of how messed up Ferrari's current status system is. When I was told my car was at port, you were being told you car is on the water. Then I'm told, 10 days later that my car was at port. I'm like, hows that possible? The very next day I'm told the car is 93 and on the truck. I'm like, how's that possible? You're told your car went 93 today.

Come on, we got to be on the same boat and same truck, one would think...

Who the hell knows what the reality is? All I know is that they'll get here eventually and this will all be behind us.

Anyway, congratulations on the news!

22. RossoCorsa716

RossoCorsa716 Karting

May 15, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Maybe they were waiting on mine to fill the truck before shipping out to west coast?

In any case, at least they're en route!

23. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    I was able to speak to the truck driver for an exact ETA. Neurotic, I know. Anyways, it will be worth the anticipation and grief. All will be forgotten, at least until the next time

24. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Just out of curiosity, how did you get the truck drivers contact info??

25. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Spider has landed at dealer :)