488 GTO ? | Page 144 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    as long you can´t see the car in the database. i think no one has a 100% confirmation. 99% ok. but not 100%.

i´m waiting more for 16th instead of 20th.

Shack likes this.
  2. HyperMac954

HyperMac954 Karting

Jul 2, 2012
    Where did the 16th date come from? I've placed my deposit and confirmed my allocation with Ferrari NA, and have an invite to an event on the 20th.

3. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Or maybe, to get this shocking power, they double the f1 V6 90 degrees engine displecement and limit the revs to 9000 RPM

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3579 Shadowfax, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Guys' please let's deal with the 488 gto for now. If you have the V8 488 GTO, the V6 will always be of less interest....and less noise....unless it is trying very hard to keep up....so a button is pushed commanding the electric motor to assist....but it is all in vain probably!

5. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    You're right, but I think that all these collateral topics come out because no interesting news have been debated since weeks...the thread is almost sleeping, except for the few enthusiasts that keep making question, hypotheses etc. Moreover, in the last posts we learned big scoops about Ferrari future. It's sad that there's not a dedicated thread to future innovations and insider news, so we discussed about it here. Maybe a new section for v6 hybrid coming can be opened. For now I'm just worried that this will be the last mid v8 berlinetta Ferrari. So, let's enjoy it till it exists. Electric future is depressing and boring..

ingegnere likes this.
  6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It's a brand new engine

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    True. The future is hard to escape but for now we will live the here, and soon to be, now! Meaning this last version is history in the making....

An extract from the future: and the tiny little v6 pulls up the inside of the large v8 TT and pushes the button to keep up (and hope to overtake a little), BUT the electric motor no worky.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    It won't matter. Just the fuel consumption will matter....to someone.

9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It will have the solution for that too...

Ciao

10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Are you sure?

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Some may see removing the driver from the equation is a solution...

Sure that either the battery or an electrical gremlin will spoil the fun when you least expect it.

12. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    So I am hearing that for the US, all decisions were made by last Friday on allocations and there is a Feb 20th event for “owners” at dealers.
    I assume this is where the name will be presented. How about 488 LM ?

Caeruleus11 and chrixxx like this.
  13. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    I hate to deviate from the 488 GTO thread but what if Ferrari was able to keep the NA V12 or even bring back the NA V8 by making the new Ferrari an actual Hybrid. Not in the sense like the LaFerrari was.....or actually wasn't since it wasn't classified as an official hybrid since you couldn't drive down the road at highway speed on full electric.......but the Porsche 918 was a Hybrid. That would help offset the fuel consumption and emissions

Caeruleus11 and Shadowfax like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    3.9 V8tt up to V12 NA + electric = good/acceptable.
    3.9 V8tt down to puny 2.9 V6tt + electric = not so good. IMHO.

Caeruleus11 and markonex like this.
  15. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    What a fabulous DreamCarMaker is the one we love, we discuss about many little things, past, present and future, we are worried by the electric days, but we are enjoying the "end years" of this golden age for Ferrari and Motorracing. we should be happy to be here, as a member wrote in the past pages. Maybe we will assist to a poor decline od the engine creativity and all cars will be Tesla Clones, but , here and now, I just say Carpe Diem and let's be proud of what the Enzo's creature is still able to produce, with Italian passion and skill since 1947. I'm sure that this 488, GTO/VS/speciale/stradale/whatever, will be a queen in red dress amongst the supercar genre.

Caeruleus11 and Shadowfax like this.
  16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not sure where it actually comes from (specially for the specific date of the 16th) - the word is that before the "video private previews" at the dealerships there will be some official information posted on the web.
    A similar pattern was followed when the 488 was unveiled, there was a preview in Maranello (held on 18th and 19th of Feb. 2015) but Ferrari had posted some official pictures and basic information on their web site a few days before.

17. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    LM would be probable, but we won FIA WEC 2017, not LeMans. So, if the car is named LM; we are kinda obliged to win it in 2018 :)

chrixxx likes this.
  18. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    NA V8 days are gone, we have to accept this, what I cannot accept yet is that a new and young engine as the V8 TT is abandoned this early in favour of V6, but emission rules are really becoming terribly hard.

19. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Finger crossed for 3.999 V8TT + electric & V12 NA + electric then :))

Shadowfax likes this.
  20. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Or that could be seen as a homage/throwback to the past. McLaren did the same with a special series based on the 650 (I think). Anyway, I hope they go for one of these:
    - 488 Corsa
    - 488 Fulmine
    - 488 Furia
    - 488 Competizione
    - 488 Estrema
    - 488 Sprint

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Long live the V8 and V12 ferrari engines!

V8 to V6 is a downhill slide. I'm sure V6 will have good performance but it's a slide down in the wrong direction nonetheless. IMHO of course!

JagShergill, Camlet1 and markonex like this.
  22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The LaFerrari is officially a hybrid vehicle. The capability to drive on electric power alone is irrelevant.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=478214&stc=1&d=1416782559

23. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Shadowfax likes this.
  24. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    on a different note for the 488 GTO......anyone else hoping that they use the 3 button carbon fiber centre stalk that they used on the Laferrari, F12 tdf, 458 Speciale. Its a nice touch and I love the tie ins between models lines

JagShergill, Caeruleus11 and Shack like this.
  25. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Furia
    Fulmine
    Estrema

These are impossible, no way they call it these ways, in Italian is really unadequate, the are more like Novitec elaboration names :)
    Furia is also the nickname of the master Mauro Forghieri!!

chrixxx likes this.