488 GTO ? | Page 26 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Its the best show of all. Been quite a few times and already booked for 2018. Make sure you get invites from your dealers for all brands u want to see so u can get on their stands, as being part of the crowd is a nightmare and its insanely crowded. I dont bother with brands I am not interested in so can get it done in a day.

2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #627 Melvok, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Been there twice now, just take a very early plane to Geneva Car Show 2018. Location is only a 10 mins walk ...

First day is for journalists only, do go on that second day.

Get a free ticket from your Ferrari Dealer in the U.K. to get into the Ferrari stand.

Otherwise you have a NO GO there.

Thousands of spectators will never have that pleasure ... (me ... of course 2 years ago) :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

All visitors are outside ......

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura likes this.
  3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    The 9th of March is the best day imo ...

4. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    Thanks Mel (and Jon), and like the pics!

My dealer offered me a ticket last year, but I couldn't go - so I will definitely try and make it this time.

I am hoping, optimistically, to get on the 488 GTO/Speciale/etc list, and so I am keeping my fingers crossed that Geneva will be the launch show.

5. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    The McLaren P15 gets released 10th Dec. This is one of the reasons why the 488VS will need to be "out of this world" IMO. And it will be ...

"Kenny Brack is an Indy winner and McLaren test and development driver, he did most of the work on the 720S and was on the P15 project. He was asked today if the P15 is going to be a game changer. He grinned broadly, laughed and his body language gave it away. Expect big things."

Afonsolaw likes this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I believe that the P15 will be much more track focused compared to the 488VS. The one will be a road legal track car, the other will be a more sporty version of a road car.

Afonsolaw and Shack like this.
  7. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Problem is that sometimes the complete Ferrari Stand is suddenly closed for one or more hours ...

One ore more sheiks arrive ... with real big money ...

Too bad ... notice that two times last day I visited the stand ... so beware :D

8. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Dealer previews third week Jan followed by VIP customer previews commencing end Jan/early Feb at the factory.......official launch Geneva. First customer deliveries scheduled for Sep/Oct 2018, although that may come forward to just before factory summer shut down.

ale75, Robert P, rossocorsa and 3 others like this.
  9. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    i will help myself with press day tickets for the 8th or 9th - i guess i will be at Geneva on 9th.

somebody would like to meet up? (for sure i will ask this question End of February again ;) )

and yes. be sure to know someone - or to have a pass or to be on the list. otherwise you can just look the cars from outside the stand. not even Koenigsegg or RR are that strict... :rolleyes:

10. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I can not get press tickets so I will go on the 9th :D

11. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Do you think the 488 GTO will be a limited edition?

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I guess not; it will probably be limited by the production timing (like the CS, Scuderia and Speciale) but not by a fixed number. If the same pattern is followed there will then be a limited spider version (like the Scuderia 16M and Speciale Aperta).

chrixxx and nkhalid like this.
  13. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    So still nothing really new about the new 488 ?

14. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    I will aim for 9th as well - would be good to meet up with some fellow F chatters.

jo_ker likes this.
  15. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    I hope someone on here that gets to see a preview of the 488 GTO leaks it too F chat just like the 812 Superfast. The wait is killing me........

16. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    This thread can't take off. Well, let's play around, what will be the first OEM equipment tires on this lady? Michleing Sport cup 2 new generation? Pzero 4S? Trofeo ? Remember that all the chit chat about laptimes in the end will depend mainly on those piece of rubbers.

17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    For the 488 GTB which was also unveiled at Geneva, the customers previews were after mid February (18th and 19th) and Ferrari released official pictures a few days before those (while many characteristics, e.g. engine power, had already leaked to the press weeks before). So apart from seeing the car in the metal (and getting some details on the characteristics) there was not much new information got at the customers previews (they were nice events though).

18. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    #643 jo_ker, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    where took those customer previews place?
    who got or how to get invited? i guess i have to push my dealer for it. :)

19. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    IF you think you will get a 488GTO .... the delaer MUST know all about it imo.

ARE you that Lucky guy ? Tell us please .... :De

20. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Hope not, but it may well be Itailan tyres of Pirelli on this very special Italian stallion .... :D

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    For the 488 GTB it was at Maranello (with one night hotel in Bologna). Each dealer got a few invitations, I think the dealer then gave them as he liked; regarding the 488 VS, getting an allocation may not be a guarantee to be invited (I guess it depends how the dealer will manage it).
    It may still be too early, I got the invite only in January (probably the dealer had news before though).

22. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I was at a dealer this week and chatted to them about these. They have just sorted out who will get one and the list was small. Many on there had LaFerraris, TDFs, etc so I think it’ll be very limited.

23. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Any chance for now ? :)

24. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
  25. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Wooow ... amazing ... what can this be ?