488 - 488 Luggage ~ beware! | FerrariChat

488 488 Luggage ~ beware!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by EFerrari34, Mar 20, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EFerrari34

EFerrari34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Just a heads up. The Schedoni 488 luggage set is being reproduced in China. They look identical (in photo’s). Go on eBay; if it doesn’t have a yellow dust cover, it’s fake. If it says “Novelty” it’s fake. You can’t buy a Schedoni bag for $700. FYI so no one gets burned. I haven’t seen clone yellow bags; yet.

Eferrari34

Tim

Regular Guy 01 and Robb like this.
  2. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Do you have any evidence to support this Tim? I am not saying your wrong I would just like to hear more.

I have bought two sets off of Ebay from Japan and I can assure you they were real. I have owned about 50 sets of Ferrari Schedoni Luggage in my day so I know what to look for. I also know to smell for as well and that you cannot fake.

Cheers, Mat

lagunacc likes this.
  3. EFerrari34

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    I have every Schedoni set from the 308 to 458 (excluding the F40/F50 currently) & I’ve torn up pieces to understand the construction. I bought a 488 piece out of Japan last month that didn’t come with a yellow dust bag. I didn’t like it, but it’s just a bag. The ad said “novelty” which I also didn’t think about. The bag arrived & I compared it to a 488 bag at the dealer. The side wall construction was extremely weak vs. the real thing. I contacted the seller to ask questions; they are a prominent seller on eBay out of Japan. I asked if “novelty” meant that it was a replica; they didn’t give me an answer. I politely told them that it’s against eBay policy to sell replica bags. They immediately gave me the option to send it back for a full refund & sent me another $60 for shipping. Once I sent the tracking number they refunded my money (it was still in America). It was contingent upon me agreeing not to contact eBay. I then sent a question to another seller in Japan that had the bag for double the price & with a yellow bag. I asked why his bag was so expensive. He told me it was real & that Chinese replicas have flooded the Japanese market. He also said that the replicas do not come with the dust cover. That’s isn’t to say a yellow dust cover couldn’t be added; but you have to ask yourself how people can sell new Schedoni bags for $500. It was obvious that the quality of the “leather” and stitching was subpar on the item I sent back. I just wanted to make everyone aware to do your due diligence; that’s all. The final indicator was a 488 GTB was offered on eBay in a Blue color that Schedoni does not make. Hope that helps.

Eferrari34

Tim

9650max, Regular Guy 01 and nn7man like this.
  4. EFerrari34

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Also; the 488 set is 4 pieces not three. The set through Ferrari made by Schedoni has a Garment bag that the Japan sellers never seem to advertise.

Eferrari34

Tim

Regular Guy 01 and nn7man like this.
  5. EFerrari34

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    One last word of caution on eBay. Make sure the photo’s they are showing of 488 luggage isn’t being sold by multiple sellers. It’s a red flag if you see the same photo being used by 3 different sellers.

Eferrari34

Tim

Regular Guy 01 likes this.
  6. EFerrari34

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Wrapping this up; I contacted Schedoni & despite BaT writing that the bags are made by Schedoni; they are not. Ferrari made the 488 bags. Schedoni made a total of zero 488 bags. They cost $11,900 from the dealer (if they have old stock of your color). I wanted to clear that up; none of them are made by Schedoni. Tim.

Eferrari34

Tim

9650max likes this.