488 on track | FerrariChat

488 on track

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by boyan96, Sep 20, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boyan96

boyan96 Rookie

Aug 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    boyan asenov
    Hello to everyone
    I bought my first ferrari 488 gtb and now i am going to drive it on a track and i have one questions
    1.Where i can watch the transmission temperature and what is the max recommend temperature ?
    If you any recommendations to watch or anything else i am open for advices .
    Thanks in advance

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    On the left hand side display, if you go to the 'VDA' screen you'll get a picture of the car with color coding for the different parts of the car (blue is cold/ warm-up, green is OK and red is overheat).
    By experience the limitation is always in the brakes, on a track they are the first to give up (in spite of all optimistic claims about CCM).
    The 488 is really good on track, you should enjoy it :)
    One important thing is to 'deflate' the tyres before going to track (even though it will trigger the TPMS alert), because on track the temperature will rapidly increase, which also increases the pressure - and with too much pressure, the tyres slip a lot.

3. waynelawson

waynelawson Rookie

Nov 20, 2016
    UK
    Tracked mine a lot...you wont get a gearbox issue if you pace your day...do 4-5 hot laps...cool down lap and then in for half an hour...out again 4-5 hot laps...etc etc.
    Echo above statement...buy a pressure gauge..do your first runs...drop your pressures...run again...check pressure...adjust as necessary...keep tyre temps below 65deg in my opinion or you will cook them and pull them to pieces...
    Have fun its an amazingly confidence inspiring car on track...its what its build for.

4. pdxjim488

pdxjim488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2018
    What sort of hot pressures are we looking for?

5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    You should keep the hot pressures close to the recommended cold pressures.

6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I would do 35. They will get up to 40 but it doesn't hurt to start out at normal cold pressure i.e. 30 and 29. Mine get to 40 and so I put them back to 35 after the first run and don't worry much about it as the day goes on.

pdxjim488 likes this.