488 Pilota | Page 6 | FerrariChat

488 Pilota

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ppg70, Jun 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That would be such a slap in the face LOL.

"Hey, thanks for spending millions of dollars in our racing series, here's a $100K paint job."

I could only imagine what would happen if they delivered a $100K premium Pilota and then there was a thread on here showing orange peel.

2. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

I have studied and studied images of regular Pista and Pilota version since Pilota version came out.
    I was initially unsure about stripe on Pista running under front bumper but convinced myself it emphasised the S duct and therefore suited the car even though to my eyes it looked a bit odd.
    Although probably biased (since allocation I have wanted to put 2017 GTE tricololore on mine) I now much prefer the look of the car with stripe running over front bumper.
    All this from someone who specced Speciale with no stripe !
    I would be interested to hear if others prefer stripe over or under front bumper.

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’ve just never been a fan of stripes, numbers or livery. I like a clean look.

4. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I get that completely and like the look which is why I specced my Speciale completely "clean".I am in fortunate position of also getting Superfast next year which will be "clean" (I actually prefer without shields but market does not agree and I will trade it at some point).
    Having decided to do stripe on Pista I have agonised over how to configure it.All specs I have seen for Pista except Pilota have stripe below front bumper so just interested if others prefer it above front bumper.

bobbyd likes this.
  5. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I don't mind the use of stripes or liveries sometimes, but these days it's gone crazy IMO. Mostly unnecessary.

6. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Think about that for a second though.

Investment implies you sell it to someone else later. Unless you're some famous driver or something, then why would anyone want to own your 488 Pista, a driver who places 11th place in the Ferrari Challenge Series of 2018 with 1 wreck, no podiums, and a handful of points? Who cares about that guy, his car, and his crappy record? I'm not actually talking about you or any specific member here, I'm just saying some random guy of no real significance to the sport. That's whose car your buying, that's whose number you're flaunting.

This isn't like buying Jeter's jersey, it's like buying the jersey of a guy who came up from the minors for a few games when someone was injured, and then was sent back, retired young, and then just got a normal career. Why would anyone want that guy's jersey?

8. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    This view is sexy as hell!
    T

stavura and jamesdouglas1436 like this.
  10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I think the reward to the racers is a Pista they will lose less money on or none at all. I think they deserve that over just the flippers and collectors.

11. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    After racing more than 3 full years in Challenge series and spending nearly 1.5 mil euros, I feel that I deserved more than livery and car number :(

12. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why though? It's got some random guy's number on your car, etc. It's like wanting to pay a premium for a photograph autographed to someone else. Why would you want that?

Do you really want to pay more because it was MuratC's car?

13. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Did you mention that to them Murat ? :D Maybe the will do some good things with your idea ...

14. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Haha, tell that to Ferrari? They will charge x2 if they agree :D

Hey guys, my Pilota will cost a fortune in the near future as I'm very close to win the European Coppa Shell-AM title :D:D
    But seriously, you are right. I myself will not pay extra $$$ to someone's car who is unknown in the racing world. If it was Vettel's Kimi's car or even Pier Guidi's, Rigon's, Calado's , Bird's car then of course it is another story. BTW, I won't be buying a Pilota

Boomhauer, Melvok and Albert-LP like this.
  15. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  16. Lupo

Lupo Rookie

Jul 25, 2007
    Lugano - Switzerland
    Murat, just out of curiosity, will you get a standard Pista or the Aperta or nothing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Lupo

Lupo Rookie

Jul 25, 2007
    Lugano - Switzerland
    Maybe, just thinking out loud, because it is a limited series anyway. The comparison, I believe, should be with the 70th liveries cars. Do they command a premium on resale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I will get a standart Pista. No Apertas for me because
    1- I don't like the shape of them when they are closed
    2- Very limited use where I live
    3- I track my cars frequently for time attack so no use for me with an aperta

kandi, stavura, Roland1688 and 4 others like this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You sir, are a model Ferrari client!!! Ferraris are meant to be driven hard, not used as boulevard cruisers!!!

elmadi, Roland1688 and MuratC like this.
  20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Indeed. It does not equate to me but seems to be part of a modern marketing recipe driven by business goals rather than a form of reciprocity to those loyal to heritage. Racers are special in my book. You will have to settle for a simple monetary opportunity over the base Pista. Seems that is your reward. I wouldn't feel too bad. Its pretty cool racing a Ferrari as Enzo intended.

MuratC likes this.
  21. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Good man!!! Historic / rare / unusual paint jobs should be encouraged for special F series cars - yes , lots of ££ but multiple to go with it !! Camlet, good on you !!!

Bundy likes this.
  22. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    I do really like the tricolore stripe but not entirely sold on it running over the front bumper. I love the illusion of it diving into the S-duct. Interestingly, as I have been looking back at a lot of Speciales, I hate the way the NART stripe accentuates the bump in the middle of the hood, kind of like a humpback whale. On that car, the dual stripe looked so much better. For the Pista, I thought about the dual strip but may go with the launch one which is Argento with the single black stripe in the middle. That seems to be the characteristic stripe for this car (for me, the CS had just the Italian flag, for the Scuderia, it was the the two stripes tapered at the ends, and for the Speciale, it was the NART)

23. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    It is a difficult one as I like the launch stripe on Pista but feel it is playing it a bit "safe".Can't go wrong with it though.
    Despite previous post I am going to experiment with running a tricolore under front bumper.