488 Pista Aperta | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Aperta

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Challenge64, Jun 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spieler

spieler Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2012
    miami florida
    same here , i will get the pista Aperta but i did not want the coupe. I finally changed my mind and trying to get the coupe as well. ferrari said it is going to be very difficult but trying. I have a Portofino in order and bought a lusso gt4 already.
    I had a speciale and an Aperta 458 ( was easier to get both, i do not know why)

djastral69 likes this.
  2. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    The real “Aperta” to buy has still to come.....but probably aperta is not the correct definition, may be “Barchetta” sounds better!!

3. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Any more details?

4. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Inside info or inside wishing ???.... The latter me thinks :)

5. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Those of you saying that Ferrari asked to turn down coupe for aperta - is it from Ferrari Maranello or your local dealership?

6. Sylvainsm

Sylvainsm Karting

Aug 18, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I never got turned down to owning both. Only want the Aperta at this point but I have a very strong relationship with my dealer and Ferrari in maranello and I am #1 on the list for the aperta. Got the first 812, 488 spider, 488, etc at this dealer so can’t imagine anything will change. I’ll be in Maranello next week and should get confirmation.

7. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    may be a wish becoming true!
    Dallara did....why not a Ferrari? one or two seats.....

JagShergill likes this.
  8. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
    i dont have problem to keep both.

9. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    a little poking around..here is what I have learned.

- Late 2018 'announcement'
    - Dealers send Ferrari a list of who they suggest being 'approved' to buy a Pista Alperta.
    - Ferrari will give preference to buyers following the same methodology as they do now.
    - No mention (I did ask) if you can have a Pista and a Pista Alperta at the same time. The Pista Alperta will be a numbered car and in a different realm in terms of rarity (less than 700-800) vs the Pista that they will produce in larger numbers. (less than 2500). Conclusion, the numbered cars may have restrictions on how many Ferrari prefers you to own at once.

We have a Pista coming in early 2019 and I will hopefully be aligning all the right stars to get a Pista Alperta. Will trade the Pista in when that opportunity arises.

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Can you elaborate?

11. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Here is what I know.
    Pista aperta name was sent out by ferrari.
    On the list, there are people who did not make the cut for pista coupe and I guess these are heavy customers.
    Ratio of the number between coupe and aperta is 3 :1
    Ferrari said no for coupe even my order was in month ago.

12. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I don't have numbers and I hate it when I read anyone saying "I heard", "was told" etc. When I post something I do my best to make sure it is from a real source.

Julie and I traveled to Italy in 2011 and met many folks we have kept in contact with. (Italian Car Guy Tour...google it...and just do it. ) those are my sources.

I ask these guys and they usually know something or know someone who is close enough to the source to be reliable.

SO, no real numbers on the total Pistas and the Pista Aperta will be a numbered car. In other words, they will do as they did with the Speciale Aperta and make less than 1000. THOSE 1000 buyers will be suggested to Ferrari by their dealers and Ferrari then tells the dealers who they can sell the cars to.

I have heard nada about Ferrari not wanting someone to own a Pista and a Pista A. It would make sense to me (GUESSING HERE) that your dealer would want you to trade your Pista for a PistaA for the sake of then selling the Pista to another buyer. Normal business stuff.

Marco40 likes this.
  13. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    BTW, I noticed in my previous post I called it an ALperta vs Aperta. That is hilarious. Note to self: Don't post while consuming wine. :)

JagShergill and Challenge64 like this.
  14. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I’m hearing more information is being released. Anyone have something more than the debut at Pebble next month?

of2worlds likes this.
  15. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Ppg70 said he saw the car in MARANELLO

“Then they showed me the Pista Aperta......stunning specially in the color and livery they will reveal
    Livey is different from Pista coupe and it’s absolutely stunning but unfortunately I can’t post pictures”

Sounds promising

I eventually decided to go for the aperta, no doubt that It will be a fantastic car... and a long wait!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

16. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    My dealer got 25 allocations for coupe and 7 for aperta....

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Can you say if the Pista A is a automatic convertible top or possibly a removable targa (like the LaFerrari A)? I’m a coupe man personality but I’d love for them to do a targa for the Pista A. It would preserve the lines much better as well as maintaining the engine bay.

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    It is so unlikely that it will be anything other than a 488 Spider with the Pista changes ie folding hardtop

19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’m sure you’re right but a targa would be great.

20. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Mine Said they have 10 coupe and 3 aperta it seems pretty coherent.

21. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Seems dealers aren’t getting many cars.

Anyone hear what the criteria is for getting one?

22. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    As always Factory send the automatic list with suggested clients for the Pista Aperta, with that your dealer apply the following criteria:

-You should appear at least as “VIP” (second best Modis ranking) in Modis system.

- And you have to currently own a GT car (california/portofino, FF/Lusso)

-Clients who appears as “TOP” (best Modis ranking) in modis system are the only ones who can have both (coupe and aperta version)

As always special cases and exceptions could happen by the support/criteria of each dealer and then accepted by factory.

of2worlds and Shadowfax like this.
  23. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Who ultimately controls your modis ranking? I have read the dealer decides. I know there is a whole points system. But, within Modis who controls the ranking...who moves someone from one ranking to another? BTW, was told there are fewer than 10 priority 1 people IN THE WORLD.

24. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    The Modis client ranking/status it is showed and calculated automatically by the system, but your dealer is critically on this, bacause when they add/delete you cars, put on system your new car orders and add the officials event you have attended for example would affect your ranking among other aspects.
    This ranking consider only your local/region, it doesnt consider clients from other regions.

About the number of TOP clients worldwide if your source was refering to this Modis ranking, it is wrong.

There are 5 status in total:
    1)Top
    2)VIP
    3)Important
    4)Customer
    5)Prospect (not a client yet)

Best.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA