488 Pista Aperta | Page 3 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Aperta

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Challenge64, Jun 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I would also add an observation that’s important - be certain to develop a good relationship with whomever physically is responsible for entering MODIS credit data at your dealer. Aside from your build sheets it is likely that most of your data is entered by the dealer marketing and events manager. For example, when I went to the factory, attended dealer new car reveal functions, and when I attended Casa Ferrari at Pebble Beach, these were all entered into MODIS by the marketing director at my dealer, not the GM or Sales Director. Also, the process of having my cars Classiche certified goes through the Service Director and he enters that data. So, it’s important to stay on top of it and have a good relationship with many people at your dealer so you can be sure things are entered correctly.

schwoo likes this.
  2. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Interesting. In my area it seems a few coupe people are hoping to move to Aperta. As a result there seems to be a few coupe slots "opening" up

3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    next question...who controls modis? which entity determines your priority rank...ultimately? Who actually mans the controls that makes it so someone goes from one priority score to the next. My gut feeling is that its 75% dealer and 25% Ferrari. I know I am a 3.....I want to be a 2. I doubt if I will ever be a 1.

4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    RC1...great insights. Sincerely appreciated.

5. Spider Web

Spider Web Rookie

Oct 25, 2011
    I was told by my dealer that there will be an aperta and I would have to definitely give up my coupe to be considered for the aperta...

6. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    My dealer said my ranking was VIP with a score of 93 out of a 100...what ever that means.

7. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    It means nothing, sorry friend Spyderman …. the dealer can do as it pleases him. Both ways ….

Saw a friend who was placed #16 of 10 available … and he got one … :)

8. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Agreed...dealer is a huge influence of who gets what from Ferrari. As it should be for they know their client base better then anyone. I wouldn’t want corporate Headoffice making those decisions, they would never get it right.

Melvok likes this.
  9. ferrarista afficiando

Aug 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    alex neo
    mine too...

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Invitations have gone out to invite owners for a private preview at Pebble Beach!

ok458 likes this.
  11. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    so how does it work if I have purchased two cars from two different dealers? I am in LA so I have 3 dealers within 100 miles...

12. roccob01

roccob01 Rookie

Feb 22, 2015
  13. Pierlu99

Pierlu99 Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    I don't know if it's me, but I think the mirrors are very high compared to the windshield, and then the windshield wiper have a different position compared to the one on the pista

14. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    mirrors are folded

15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Thank god it was only a mule and not the LaFerrari production car. The thing is horrid.

16. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Imagine this thing in summer at Croisette in canne, unbelievable lol

17. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    You're screwed.

Keep buying from the same dealer... unless the dealer(s) is owned by the same person.

I learned my lesson long ago. Local dealer didn't have a 458 that I was looking for. I went and bought from a non local ferrari dealer instead.

Some time later, I went to my local dealer to order another car. They told me that I had to have bought cars from them in the past to have the "history" and that cars from other Ferrari dealers didn't count.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Lol. I figured.

19. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    444sp and Bundy like this.
  20. 430-SPI

430-SPI Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    René
    Hi ppg 70,

Do you know if there will be a press/web announcement before Pebble Beach launch?

of2worlds likes this.
  21. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    As far as I know no....I signed the contract three weeks ago but they didn’t tell me anything about any kind of preview
    I am just waiting to know the date for TM appointment but now in Maranello most of people are in holiday

of2worlds and sboni like this.
  22. 430-SPI

430-SPI Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    René
    Thanks, same here.

23. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Here in the U.S. as far as I know the initial round of names has been created but no firm orders yet placed. But not 100% sure