488 Pista Lift points | FerrariChat

488 Pista Lift points

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dksu, Mar 22, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    My friend and I enjoy doing our own maintainces and planning on doing same for my newly acquired pista. I looked under the car tonight and I'm bit confused as to which jack points to use with my quickjack.
    I'm attaching 3 pictures. First pic appears to be the lifting point for the front. On the rear, I presumably see 2 lift points? Which point do I use? The 3rd pic depicts one of rear jacking points, which is further in, and I've seen on YouTube videos of 488 on 4 posts lift utilizing this jacking point. But if I use this lifting pint, my quickjack won't be parellelwith my front lift point. But if I use the jacking point depicted in pic two, the quickjack will be parallel. But just not sure if I can utilize this 2nd rear jacking point that is parallel to the front point. Help would be greatly appreciated!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    the owners manual shows the 2 jack points in the “advice for emergency situations” section. The third photo is not shown as a jack point in the manual.

3. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I believe your first two pics are correct Jack points for a lift (including quickjack) - the third pic is for a Jack stand or a spot for a floorjack when manually raising the car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm leaning towards using the 2 parallel points on the front and rear, pics 1 and 2. But what throws me off is the fact that I've seen countless 488 YT videos utilizing the the inner rear point on 4 post lift. I'm just thinking if the inner point is more stable in terms of weight distribution since our engine is in the back center? I don't know if I'm making any sense here