488 SE - Will You Want To Order One? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 SE - Will You Want To Order One?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, Oct 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    DP promised me a car a few months ago. If he keeps to what he said, there is no decision to be made from me - it will be brilliant I have no doubt. In fact I have a feeling it will be the biggest jump up from the standard car of any of them.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and Shack like this.
  2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    V8 & V12 NA are now ready for the museum, Unfortunatly, it s a fact

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I think we all hope the car is as exciting as this. I have a strong sense it will be mind-blowing.

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    There is no doubt it will be mind blowing. I can’t recall the last Ferrari that wasn’t mind blowing!

5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Where is the PASSION ... friends ... do not talk about the money allways ..... :eek:

6. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    If you are given the chance to order ANY Special Edition Ferrari you order. It’s money in the bank. There are only a few people that actually order because of the passion. That’s why you see so many SE’s for sale with almost no miles 5+ years later. I’d prefer Ferrari put a minimum mileage as opposed to time for selling SE’s.

TifosiGB and 100badboy100 like this.
  7. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    If they really will give me one I will put miiiiiles on it and for sure I will go on track!! especially Mugello track!!

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Just curious - For those that know - how have values of 458 Speciales done? Have they gone up, down or stayed relatively flat?

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not sure it completely applies to Special ("unlimited") Editions, while it's definitely true for Limited Editions.
    The 458 Speciale are still selling for lots of money (still far less than the Speciale Aperta) but the 430 Scuderia and Challenge Stradale do not have such crazy prices.

10. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll definetly order one and what I have already heard and seen is mindblowing. I'm on the list since the 488 GTB came out. I hope they add more racing DNA like center lock wheels, Emblem Stickers, lighweight doors etc. I'd like to see more rawness and less compromise. Would like to have a steering wheel similar to my 488 GT3 but that will not happen.... I'm glad I got my 458 Speciale without radio... I appreciate that they keep some value but I'm not buying a Ferrari to gain anything but pleasure.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and Shack like this.
  11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Assuming striping is an option on the car, will you spec it? I know I’m likely in the minority on this, but I much prefer cars without striping, such as this 458 Speciale.

maximilien and ajr550 like this.
  12. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    I plan on going a darker blue (pozzi or scozia) without stripes.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Stripes for me. It sets the car apart from the standard production version.

Melvok, Shack and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    I agree.

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Really? Someone should inform the supercar makers then cause they keep producing V8s and V12s...

16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Think I'll be going for the stripes but there is still some time to decide...

17. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017

Speciale values are still asking above MSRP for sub 7000 mile cars. However, they have been slowly trending downwards, starting about a year ago.

Compared to the Scuderia, they seem to be holding value better than the scuderia did a few years after release. One factor could be that the Scuderia came out in a harder economic time, while he Speciale is released in a strong economy.

The Speciale being the last NA may be inflating values as well, but not sure if it's just speculation.

18. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Looks to me like Speciale prices have started to firm up again in UK.

19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Very firm here

20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I find the eagerness and anticipation for this car to be very intense. On the contrary, I find the Lamborghini Performante a rather dull looking car, regardless of it's performance statistics (which I'm sure are impressive). Frankly, at this level, I assume all these cars have mind blowing performance capabilities. To me, it's all about how the damn thing looks. Based on that, and given how amazing I think the 488 GTB looks, I can't wait to see what they turn-out.

SoCal to az likes this.
  21. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  22. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Of course!

23. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Well we will know within a few months. I truly hope Ferrari have taken into account the GT2RS, HP and 720S and made sure its at a minimum on a par with those. This car needs to put Ferrari on top in the V8 arena. Gloves are off and the competition have Ferrari in their sites so "bring it on".

Geneva 2018 is going to be where it all happens :)

24. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Geneva can't come soon enough :)

Shack likes this.