488 Service | FerrariChat

488 Service

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Joe_CT, Mar 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I was wondering if there is anyone out here in our community that does their own service on their 488 and if there is anyway to reset the service light without taking it to the dealer?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Since 488 is still both under warranty and within service plan why would you compromise warranty by servicing yourself even if the dealer is far away ?

3. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I drive the car so little and put less than 500 miles on the car, the most it is going to need is a basic oil change and I have a full shop here at my house. My understanding is the warranty would not be voided by not having the annual service done.

The car is perfect and I want to keep it that way. Unfortunately I have had small imperfections show up in the car when my cars have gone in for service (scratch in rear quarter panel when servicing car and scratches on rims when securing car to trailer) all of which my detailer was able to correct, but don't want to deal with that on a brand new 488 Spider.

I may have no choice but to send it in but looking to understand options for now.

4. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Take it to your dealer, your service is covered under the plan and you can use it as an opportunity to get to know your service rep/dealer. Much better conversation than if your car had a CEL or other failure, then they don't tell you much.

motodavid2000 likes this.
  5. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I TOTALLY understand you. It seems that every time I take my car to the shop for anything at all, no matter how minor, there's always an issue. Whether it be a scratch, chip, loose or missing bolt/screw, grease prints, etc! Due to my "bad luck" I am also forced to do most of my own maintenance.

6. Garthbo

Garthbo Rookie

Oct 2, 2018
    Manila, Philippines
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Hi Joe_CT. Curious if you were able to reset the service light without taking the car to the dealer. If so, please share how you were able to do the reset. Thanks.

7. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Anthony, I was not able to find anyway to do this myself. My car is going into the dealer for its annual service in November.

Garthbo likes this.
  8. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Have you tried the Autel computer?

9. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
  10. Garthbo

Garthbo Rookie

Oct 2, 2018
    Manila, Philippines
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I found this. According to the description, it should clear the light.

http://m.foxwelltool.com/wholesale/nt510-multi-system-scanner-with-one-fre-car-brand-software-and-obd.html

Will look into these options. I imported the car myself from Germany to the Philippines so I don't have dealer warranty. There are other non dealer shops here that I'm sure can do the reset but wanted to explore other options first. Thanks guys!

11. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    that crap never works - they give general descriptions

12. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #12 up4speed, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    I don't see anything general about their description. It very clearly states that when you purchase, you get to choose one manufacturer (we would pick Ferrari), then it clearly says that it does the oil service light reset. However, even though it's clear, it still may not work, lol. Once one of us tries it, we will have a 100% answer.
    If you look at this chart: http://www.foxwelltool.com/upload/pro/201708/foxwell-nt510-ferrari_function_list.pdf
    scroll down to the 458 section and look under the instrument cluster section. It shows a code of 0058. That code (if you look at the bottom) says "Reset Service Information". It looks to me that they are insisting that it will work....Now I'm curious

If/when you do, please update us! I would love to know if it works because I only have one more free service, then I will be doing the oil changes myself.