488 - 488 Spider Lower shock bolt torque metal click sound | FerrariChat

488 488 Spider Lower shock bolt torque metal click sound

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Slavco488, Mar 21, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Slavco488

Slavco488 Rookie

Feb 1, 2023
    Full Name:
    Slavco Miloseski
    I have a 2017 488 Spider with Novitec lowering springs. I bought the car with them on, After driving a while and once the car got hot I would get a loud metal click at stop and go traffic. It happened only as I slowly accelerate or decelerate between 3 to 10 mph. It's not a rotational click that comes with wheel rotation, it's a metal click. Sometimes it's one click and sometimes two clicks after another. I inspected everything but couldn't find any problems. I retightened the lower shock mount bolt to 75ft/lb. It was around 60ft/lb . I took the car for a test drive and now the click is not as loud but it comes right away instead of after driving for a while and is more frequent, Anyone know what the correct torque is for the lower bolt? Any other ideas what could be causing the click sound. Car has 3600 miles

2. Slavco488

Slavco488 Rookie

Feb 1, 2023
    Full Name:
    Slavco Miloseski
    Video of clicking noise on acceleration and decelerating

Attached Files:

3. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    What you're hearing is the spring trying to seat itself. This is normal when installing new lowering springs. It usually goes away, but if not. Take a look at the spring and see if it's seated properly in it's groove.