5 MPH WARNING?!? | FerrariChat

5 MPH WARNING?!?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by snowblindfriend, Sep 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snowblindfriend

snowblindfriend Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2009
    West Texas
    Since she rolled off the transport 23 days ago, there is a warning when I exceed 5 mph that pops up in a slim horizontal rectangular box on the right side of the display when it is in “standard” mode. I called the sales rep, and he thought it was the speed warning/limiter, but the speed limiter starts at 20. I’ve got traffic signs off, speed warning/limiter off, gone through menus so many times I’m now having dreams about SF90 UI in my sleep!

ANY THOUGHTS? I’m never behind the wheel when the dealer has access to one, but I can’t imagine it’s a setting issue— also dealing with an F8 that is running in limp mode after a dead battery. After 30 years, I feel like I know them pretty well. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks-

SBF

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    What’s the warning say in the box??

SV

3. snowblindfriend

Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2009
    West Texas
    "DO NOT EXCEED 5 M.P.H.!!!" with a red box around it. I want to say it says "CAUTION" or "WARNING" before the "DO NOT EXCEED 5 M.P.H.!!!" but I didn't have time to check this morning. It beeps when the warning first shows up, but not again. This happens in all modes, whether Electric, Hybrid, Race, or Qualifying.

Thanks for your time!

SBF

4. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
    Could it still be in transport mode?

5. snowblindfriend

Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2009
    West Texas
    That's a great thought. Any idea how I would determine that?

Thanks-

SBF

6. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
    Just talked to the dealer and it’s not in transportation or logistics mode. If it was you wouldn’t be able to change any settings.

snowblindfriend likes this.
  7. snowblindfriend

Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2009
    West Texas
    You are a gentleman and a scholar. I appreciate you following that up with a call to your dealer.

The car is performing great. No other glitches and all modes work as they are designed to function.

I'll get a picture of it (the warning) this weekend when I have some extra time.

Thanks All-

SBF

dpw98 likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I know this may seem a bit out there, but have you checked that the bonnet and boot lid are properly closed?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Had a look in the manual for you, couldn’t find anything..

10. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    It has been suggested to turn speed warning completely off, cycle the power ( turn car off, get out of car, lock car, then walk away from car for 5 minutes )
    Then go back to the car and advise. It may required a battery reset, which isnt as simple on an SF90 as a 308 would be...

First step of diag.

A photo of the screen showing the warning message will help also.

Steve

11. snowblindfriend

Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2009
    West Texas
    Yes, this was my first thought as well. The bonnet has been open on a few occasions that surprised me- didn't know until I got in and saw the dash warning.

Thanks!

SBF

12. snowblindfriend

Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2009
    West Texas
    I can't find any mention of this warning, either.

Thanks-

SBF

13. snowblindfriend

Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2009
    West Texas
    Steve-

I read another thread on delivery day suggesting the power cycle- getting out, locking, walking away. Someone had an audio issue that I think took 5 of these to remedy the issue. I tried that immediately and didn't have any luck. The speed warning is turned off, as is sign recognition and everything else in that menu until I get this figured out.

The breaker was thrown by a worker on the 488 Spider and F8 with the Ferrari chargers installed, and nobody mentioned a thing to me. I went to start one, and they were both dead- the chargers had drained the batteries with the mains out. I've been dealing with that the last couple of weeks, and this morning is the first time the F8 is back to normal. I was going to get a picture now, and the Manettino is functioning for the first time. The one-year service is due, so I hadn't posted about that issue.

I'll try to get a picture of the SF90 display on Saturday. Do you recommend a battery reset on the SF90?

Thanks!

SBF
    [​IMG]

14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I think mine does the same. It’s the speed limiter in Europe, which is mandatory. Better set at 5mph than 80mph as on my Pista Spider. You can change the setting on the PS but it changes back when you start the car up again. At least with 5mph it tells you if you’re moving and once you’re up and running, no more interference. Is that what you’re referring to? I know you’re in the US, not sure if US spec cars still have these EU regulatory ideas.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's really strange, because when I tested the SF90 back in the early fall here in Europe, there was no 5 mph warning - and we use km/h anyhow.

Also not sure what you mean by mandatory? I see no other new cars here in Europe with any kind of mandatory speed limiter engagement.

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    of2worlds likes this.
  17. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    same in my US spec car. I used to set it at the speed of my choice. Then it would just reset on its own to 5mph.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. harleyud

harleyud Rookie

Aug 29, 2005
    I have delivered many SF90's so far and noticed this exact behavior on one of them. I simply played around with the speed limit warning for a bit and it went away. More specifically, the limit was turned off (but still showing a 5mph warning). I believe I set it to the maximum (155 mph) and it went off. I then turned it back off and it stayed off. Hasn't come back on yet. I hope this helps!