5 Reasons the Ferrari 599 GTO is an underrated supercar | FerrariChat

5 Reasons the Ferrari 599 GTO is an underrated supercar

Discussion in '612/599' started by aaronrgonz, Sep 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    LARRYH and Bas like this.
  2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Thank you for posting. I agree the 599 GTO is underrated. It is a relative bargain compared to other limited edition Ferrari's.

LARRYH and Bas like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's my favourite of the ''normal'' supercars.

LARRYH likes this.
  4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I think the entire F599 series will be like the 365 GTC/4 series. It will float up and down based on its bigger brothers, but never a breakout car. It will have a cult following, but little more than that because (notice I wrote because, not bc) while a great Ferrari, there was nothing special about the car. Fine by me. Maybe someday I'll buy one.

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    #1 through 3 are true of all even non-LE flagships since then so makes the opposite point there. #5 has too low quantity built as shown here on FChat and it should never be compared to the F12 TDF. #4 - does it say earned? Not a good sell for the car as that debate certainly does not add value. The car doesn't need reasons as it is special and speaks for itself. Its valued where it should be right now IMO.

6. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    why not compare the 599GTO to the F12 TDF... they are both limited edition V12 versions .. the 599gto had 599 built and the TDF had 799 built..They were both the state of the art at time of production... The GTO was the first modern V12 Ferrari to use a Flat plane crank which made it a pretty special engine with that very sweet sound...

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I don't think the 599 GTO is underrated at all. I think it is fairly rated.

8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Just my personal opinion. Of course it technically can be compared to any production V12 LE. However, I lived through the bashing of the F12 and then the F12 TDF by the then GTO crowd which was vicious and unfair. The F12 TDF is miles above the older 599 in every objective and subjective regard which is why it is twice or more the price (and will stay that way) even without the badge. As I stated, the 599 GTO is special and speaks for itself and is valued where it should be. In addition to what I pointed out earlier, I found the article useless in revealing anything not commonly known as it drew an incorrect conclusion of being undervalued.

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    The article suggests the car is .....underrated not undervalued ...
    The also have an F12 and agree it is also a fine car ...

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    For the record I don't agree that it is underrated or undervalued. It's one of the finest performance cars made and everyone I can think of knows it. The F12 is undervalued by comparison but not underrated. Having both as you do is a great combo.

11. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    A guy in our local FCA chapter has one. A very impressive car, but I think the real landmark is that the 599 was the first of the V12 two-seaters to get the aluminum tub. The F12 TDF is in another league.

I would rather have a 599 manual than an F12 though. :)