5 Weeks | FerrariChat

5 Weeks

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by mmollo, Jun 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mmollo

mmollo Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2010
    [x] Texas [ ] Maui
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Leaving Dallas next week, will be in Maui for 5 weeks to chill and play golf.
    Does anybody have a golf hookup? I don't have a HI drivers license to show but I own a condo in Maui and would like to get some kind of Kamaʻaina discount. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Some ideas:
    If you are going to be playing the same track or a select few multiple times I would try to "talk" to the manager and work something out. You might be able to buy a package of rounds for a great price. At least on Oahu a lot of courses are hurting for cash and have a lot of deals.

Other than that plan on paying. Maybe play the course twice in a row and get a deal for the second round.

See if any local F-Chatters want to play with you and them have them book and pay for the round but this would get old and then when you make it right with them on the 19th your still going to drop some bucks.

It's going to sting if you want to play a bunch of courses. Start by playing the cheapest ones near you and see if they live up to what you want. For most of my friends that come out I'll take them to a cheaper course, for at least one round, and they still feel like they are getting special treatment since the sea air and lushness of the course is better than what they can get at home.

Maybe take a lesson with a pro, and tell them that you want a deal on a round after.

For those that think the OP is being a cheapskate... For example a tourist will pay 165 to play Turtle Bay and I pay 58 bucks with a cart! so 5 weeks of that and it starts to add up!

3. mmollo

mmollo Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2010
    [x] Texas [ ] Maui
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for the ideas Kevin. I'll try to work some kind of bundle price.

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Should be easy to do, maybe join the mens club before you go if you have a track or two narrowed down. It will add to the "story" that you just moved there and are still getting sorted out with your drivers license.

5. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    All great points and suggestions.

A bad green on Oahu is better than the best at the Mid-Atlantic's high end country clubs.