F8 - 50k over MSRP. 2023 F8 spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 50k over MSRP. 2023 F8 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mjayz, Aug 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I’m thinking this is a bS post. No one would do this nor would any dealer allow for it. If someone was so stupid to try it they’d be better off buying the car, holding it and selling it on the open market with no miles.

2. Bernie B

Bernie B Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2020
    Chicago, IL Area
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Something definately feels a bit odd regarding the original post. For example, how can something be "well optioned" and still open to having it's spec changed for a Q1 23 delivery? Either the spec is already locked or the order hasn't been accepted by Ferrari. Regardless, if the actual offer was true both parties would be playing with fire from Ferrari's perspective.

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Is he really a friend. 50 K seams steep. Maybe your friend doesnt want another Ferrari and could care less what Ferrari thinks.

Ferrari can ban your friend and most likely would however they cannot stop your friend to sell to you unless its on a contract . And even there it most likely can be overturned.

If he genuinely cannot sell it to you for 6 months , get him to insure the car for 6 months. Get him to agree to let you keep the car in your place for 6 months. Look at it but no driving unless you want to be driven by him. After which then he can sell it to you.

It all depends on your friend IF he really is a friend.

458 Spider 0414 likes this.
  4. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    Be wary of the factory cancelling some orders. Nothing the dealer can do if the factory cancels the order. I know it's happened a bunch because they accepted too many orders and don't have the production to make all of the cars. I was on the phone with my rep today and he told me they had a few orders cancelled.

5. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    yeah it’s a pretty interesting time for folks who are still waiting to find out. Did your SA give you any other rumors or feedback on anything that might be coming from the factory on remaining F8 orders?

6. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    I didn't ask too many questions because I don't have an F8 slot--I was talking about speccing my 296GTS when the subject came up. Very awkward conversation to have with clients is how he described it. I'd say that's putting it mildly.

iMrMark likes this.
  7. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I've been saying for months that this is coming, but every time someone responds that their "brother's roommates cousin went to college with the owner of my local carwash, and he knows the President of Ferrari North America...and they are totally building every F8 order! Promise!"

There is no way it is happening, they took too many F8 orders in at the dealers and there are not enough allocations. Every ALLOCATION will be built, but not every order that is sitting with the dealer. Huge difference there, with terrible communication from the factory and no way to set reasonable expectations. Those people should be first for a 296, but that isn't going to happen either.

The 296 is supposed to be on the line shortly, with customer orders in Europe expected before end of year. As that scales up and F8 production scales down, there are just not enough slots for every car to be built.

SeattleStew and BillHartman67 like this.
  8. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    As I mentioned above, even factory approved allocations are being canceled according to my rep. These are specced cars with deposits that have been approved by the factory and are still being cancelled. The factory accepted too many orders and now doesn't have production to make all of the cars.

9. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    "There is no way it is happening, they took too many F8 orders in at the dealers and there are not enough allocations. Every ALLOCATION will be built, but not every order that is sitting with the dealer. Huge difference there, with terrible communication from the factory and no way to set reasonable expectations. Those people should be first for a 296, but that isn't going to happen either."

Many dealers took orders in October assuming they would get additional allocation in January for the new year.
    These were NOT Ferrrari approved allocations only dealer orders.
    Many of these dealer orders are getting cancelled.

10. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Anyone with an unbuilt allocation should feel nervous. Maybe it’s unfounded, but I just don’t see Ferrari filling out the entire book with the successor car already going into production, as well as a lot of orders to fill for the Porto M and Roma.

If I went to my dealer today to order a car I think the only thing I can order is a Roma, and that it wouldn’t show up for like 2ish years.

11. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Speaking of the Porto M, wasn't that car announced 12+ months ago? It's a refresh only, some nice updates but nothing big. I don't think more than a handful have even trickled out of the factory?

SeattleStew likes this.
  12. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Maybe you’re right.
    However Ferrari knows what they are doing.
    I ordered my car Sept 3 2021.
    Books closed sometime first part of October.
    They know exactly how many orders they had before they closed the books to move on.
    I’m confident they will fill the orders.
    Rumors and speculation are just that for now.
    I’m not worried but super anxious as I’m coming up on a year and sold my 488s about the same time I ordered the F8s.
    I need this car:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Viperjoe and JosephRasha like this.
  13. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Almost 24 months ago.
    I received mine the end of March this year.
    Just turned 2100 miles and the car is an absolute delight. Perfect car for the wife and I for road-trips with room for luggage and cooled seats. With the improved transmission allowing more torque to be delivered in first gear and an extra top gear among many other improvements, I would say it’s quite a step up over non M. Improved sound as well since Ferrari removed the mufflers.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Was just reading over in that forum, seems like a ton of delivery delays....like everything else in 2020-2022. I enjoyed my Cali T, and I'm sure the Porto M is a great car.

15. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast

I have to agree with Stew. I placed my order in October just a couple weeks before the books closed. My car is now built and sitting in customs I understand. But if you haven’t even got a VIN assigned I would be very worried. I’ve already started to read a few stories about cancelled orders with sizable deposits.

SeattleStew likes this.
  16. mbovaird

mbovaird Rookie

Jul 6, 2015
    Hell no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name: