'50s 250 Door issue | FerrariChat

'50s 250 Door issue

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by redfred84, Aug 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    I just realized that the doors on my '56 Boano hold water! There are NO drains, or holes to allow the water to escape. After a thorough washing from a week out in foggy, rainy Pebble Beach, the doors filled up with water inside!
    Should there be drain holes? Perhaps mine got filled in during the last paint job? Please do tell!

Thanks, RF.

2. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Fred, it's hard to believe that drains were overlooked, but then again...

Scaglietti, who was not known for its workmanship, put in channels like these for drainage. Maybe Ed can verify his Elena.

john

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19633500GT likes this.
  3. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Red Fred - i can confirm on the ellena there are drain provisions as john pointed out.

What i don't know is related to the boano - which ill check next week when im back home with the alloy car we have.

def makes sense that it should have...

u really need to be more careful running the boano on the beach and that close to the waves :)

4. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Yes, we took HiWay 1 home from Pebble; the PCH. Plus the car had to stay OUT for the week, and it rained on Tuesday! When I got it home, I washed it, and the doors filled up.

Cheers, RF.

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    RF, if this was my car, I would drill 2-3 drain holes (to adequate locations) a.s.a.p....
    ... or perhaps you (hopefully) already did ?
    Allowing water, even if small amounts, to just sit inside the doors for extended time will not be doing them any favors.

enio45 likes this.