512 TR cams ? | FerrariChat

512 TR cams ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by tuplakoo, Jan 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuplakoo

tuplakoo Rookie

Aug 25, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Kari Kovanen
    Could someone tell by numbers are these correct exhaust cams for 512tr:

S-140485
    S-140486

Problem is with factory timing marks,
    which are way out of line,
    when addjusting cams with degreewheel.

Cheers,
    Kari

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #2 Rifledriver, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    I checked those numbers in 2 data bases and came up with nothing.

The S is not part of the part number. It only indicates it is an exhaust cam.

Should be

Those came from the 94 parts book and Maranello Classic parts confirm they are applicable to all 512TR and 512M. 92 parts book has same numbers.

3. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003

4. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I have had a 512 TR that had the same issue. The factory marks were way off. This was very early in my career and my lead tech told me to go by the factory marks. He had me move them to the factory marks. The engine ran and had a really cool rumble at idle. It also had very quick throttle response. However, it would not pass a four gas test.
    So, I took it back out and degreed the cams the way I thought they should have been to begin with and everything was good after that. I decided then that every engine I did would get a degree wheel. Unless it was one I did years before which has happened many times now. Dang I have been doing this a long time.